We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions. These positions will remain open until they have been filled.
Artist Trust regularly has volunteer opportunities available. There are many benefits to volunteering: gain valuable insight to grant panel processes; learn how we collect/distribute information; get experience in events planning; etc. Below is a list of volunteer opportunities and descriptions. Please let us know if you'd like to lend a hand!
Click on each list item for more info
Development and Events Intern
Assist in the coordination of fundraising projects and special events – including an upcoming 30th anniversary celebration in October and planning for Artist Trust’s annual auction in February 2017. Provide administrative support for membership, sponsorship, annual giving, and major gift efforts. Be a part of the fast-paced and fun Artist Trust Development Team!
Essential job Functions:
• Brainstorm fundraising ideas for expanding Artist Trust base of support, especially where it concerns events, membership, and monthly giving
• Assist with lead-up planning and event production for salons, October 15th 30th anniversary party, and 2017 fundraising auction, including assisting with sponsorship acquisition (cash and in-kind)
• Assist with roll out of new membership plan, including procurement of member benefit partnerships, collateral redesign, and more
• Coordinate membership fulfillment and renewal mailings
• Update donor database
• Assist with research and data compilation for grant applications and reports
• Provide input on and support for new and ongoing projects
• Provide operational and administrative support as needed
Desired Technical and Interpersonal Skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Proficiency with database input and output, or willingness to learn
• Experience with social media such as Twitter, Facebook, and blogs
• Proficiency in conducting on-line research
• Can communicate effectively via phone, and is unafraid to make cold calls or telephone follow up calls
Interning at Artist Trust:
Artist Trust is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Washington State artists working in all creative disciplines. Internships at Artist Trust are more than making coffee or copies; we view our interns as the next generation of leaders in arts management and do our best to offer substantive opportunities for professional development and growth. In addition to building your resume, Artist Trust offers interns
• A two-year Artist Trust membership
• Free access to any Creative Career Center program during the term of your internship
• Professional mentorship from our staff, including
• An informational interview with a staff member of your choice, in order to gain insight on their career path and illuminate next steps to yours.
• Workshop sessions on how to:
• define your career goals
• strategize skill-building, networking, and landing your ultimate job
• present your best self on a resume
• interview effectively
• If you are enrolled in an accredited degree program, we would also be happy to work with you and your educational institution to arrange earning credit for your work with Artist Trust.
Compensation: $1,000 stipend
Duration: Six months, 10-20 hours per week. Daily schedule is flexible, limited evening availability is required.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the subject line DEVELOPMENT AND EVENTS INTERN. This position is open until filled.
Time Commitment : Six months, 10-20 hours per week. Daily schedule is flexible, limited evening availability is required.
Seeking Volunteers Year-Round
Volunteering is a great way to support Washington artists and Artist Trust! There are opportunities to volunteer all year; the Annual Benefit Art Auction in February is the event that requires the most volunteers, before, during and after.
Please email info(at)artisttrust.org to help us match you with volunteer opportunities.
As a thank you, when you volunteer for three hours or more, you receive an annual membership to Artist Trust, as well as our extreme gratitude and a fun atmosphere!
Time Commitment : Varies