We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions. These positions will remain open until they have been filled.
Click on each list item for more info
Artist Trust regularly has volunteer opportunities available. There are many benefits to volunteering: gain valuable insight to grant panel processes; learn how we collect/distribute information; get experience in events planning; etc. Below is a list of volunteer opportunities and descriptions. Please let us know if you'd like to lend a hand!
Click on each list item for more info
Part Time (0.5 FTE: 20 hrs/week)
Artist Trust is a not-for-profit organization whose sole mission is to support and encourage artists working in all disciplines in order to enrich community life throughout Washington State. Artist Trust is recognized as a national model for direct funding and professional development of working artists, and has invested over $10 million in individual artists throughout the state since its inception in 1986. Artist Trust actively seeks to be equitable, accessible and inclusive in its service to individual artists of all disciplines, ethnicities, and geographies in Washington State.
The Development Assistant is responsible for processing gifts and acknowledging donors, ensuring accurate database entry and timely communications with supporters, administering the Artist Trust Membership program, and overseeing guest registration for the annual Benefit Art Auction. Additional duties include assisting development team members as needed for fundraising events, grant writing and reporting, and other administrative tasks.
Reports to Director of Development
* Enter data and process gifts through the Raiser’s Edge, maintaining accurate and consistent records;
* Prepare and mail donor correspondence and tax letters;
* Update Raiser’s Edge donor database and file hard copies of correspondence for accurate and efficient record-keeping in support of excellent donor stewardship;
* Compile donor mailing lists for print and electronic communications;
* Reconcile gifts with finance staff on a monthly basis;
* Compile and edit content and insert web links for quarterly (re)Members e-newsletter for Artist Trust members, create and implement strategies that enhance member retention and acquisition;
* Prepare membership packets and letters;
* Provide administrative support by preparing guest lists and name tags as needed for special events;
* Other duties as may be assigned by Director of Development based on team needs. These might include and would not be limited to: issuing queries and generating donor reports from Raiser’s Edge; organizing data for grants writing and reporting, assisting with prospect research, and; research of not-for-profit membership programs leading to the design and implementation of a 2016 membership campaign.
* Highly organized, thorough, and detail oriented;
* Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team;
* Positive and discreet professional;
* Understanding of and commitment to Artist Trust’s mission and goals.
Required Skills and Experience
* Minimum one years’ experience providing administrative assistance, preferably for a development team in a not-for-profit arts setting;
* Strong computer skills with MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook), with facility in dealing with large data sets and performing mail merges;
* Experience with Raiser’s Edge (or similar database).
This is a 0.5 FTE (20hrs/week) ten months of the year (and 40 hours a week January and February, correlating with the increased workload during Artist Trust’s annual art auction) with an annual salary range of $13,000 - $15,600 DOE. Generous paid vacation and sick leave accrued at 0.5 FTE rate. Eligible for group medical, long-term disability, life insurance, and employer-matched retirement plan. Additional benefits include Artist Trust membership, access to Artist Trust programs, a fun and flexible work place and a dog-friendly office.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Hiring@ArtistTrust.org with the subject DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT. Preference given to candidates applying before Monday, August 1, 2016. No phone calls or contacts through social media please.
Time Commitment : 20 hours/week
Seeking Volunteers Year-Round
Volunteering is a great way to support Washington artists and Artist Trust! There are opportunities to volunteer all year; the Annual Benefit Art Auction in February is the event that requires the most volunteers, before, during and after.
Please email info(at)artisttrust.org to help us match you with volunteer opportunities.
As a thank you, when you volunteer for three hours or more, you receive an annual membership to Artist Trust, as well as our extreme gratitude and a fun atmosphere!
Time Commitment : Varies