ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP:
An artist’s resume or CV isn’t a static document – it’s a communications tool you can leverage for new professional relationships and opportunities. In this workshop, creative strategist Robin Held focuses on strategies to increase the visibility of your artistic accomplishments and achievements to professionals with whom you most want to connect. By the end of the workshop, you’ll understand how to best highlight your professional experience on paper and tailor your resume or CV for each opportunity you pursue.
*This workshop is open to artists of all disciplines and is ideal for artists at any career stage who already have resumes and/or CVs; artists who have taken Artist Trust’s Writing Your Artist Resume workshops or webinars; or artists who have taken Artist Trust’s Cultivating Professional Relationships workshop with Robin Held.
- Strategies for how to present your achievements and accomplishments based on the audience
- Which categories and sections to include and why
- What gallerists, curators, programmers, and funders look for first on your CV and/or resume
- How to frame your non-art expertise and skills as an asset to your art practice
- Sample resumes and CVs to use as references for revising your own
- Understanding how to tailor your resume to meet your goals
- Ideas and next steps for how to revise your own resume or CV
All Disciplines, Arts-Related, Craft, Dance, Design, Emerging Fields & Cross-Disciplinary, Film/Media Arts, Folk/Traditional Arts, Literary Arts, Multidisciplinary Arts, Music, Performing Arts, Photography, Public Art, Theater, Visual Arts, Non-Profit Orgs.