For more information visit:
Artist Trust seeks a detail-oriented, highly organized, motivated and creative Communications Intern. Internships run four to six months, 10-20 hours per week. Preference will be given to those that can offer a longer commitment.
The Communications Intern will help with various aspects of communications, marketing and outreach, including:
• Assisting with social media messaging on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest;
• Managing the ‘Statewide Events’ webpage, responding to information requests via email;
• Designing social media strategy around artist and grant recipients’ online profiles;
• On occasion, documenting and posting/blogging about special projects and events;
• Supporting public relations projects by researching and engaging media contacts across the state, working with the Artist Liaison to identify and pursue media opportunities, finding new ways to tell stories about Artist Trust grant recipients.
• Valuable insights into the nonprofit arts communication arena;
• Exposure to the ins and outs of marketing, PR, and community management;
• Opportunities to write, learn design and editing software, and initiate and execute projects;
• Creative work environment;
• Capitol Hill location;
• Exposure to Washington State arts and artists;
• One-year membership to Artist Trust.
Skills and Requirements
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
• Attention to detail, knowledge of AP Style;
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office;
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• An interest in non-profit communications, art, or arts administration;
• Photoshop, video editing, and design skills a plus;
• Ability to commit to at least four months.
The Communications Intern will be rewarded a $1,000 stipend after successful completion of the internship. Interns also receive a free one-year Artist Trust membership, as well as professional mentorship and networking opportunities.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line COMMUNICATIONS INTERN.
While the position will remain open until filled, preference will be given to applications received before November 30, 2015.