For more information visit:
The Development Coordinator is a key member of the Development team responsible for Artist Trust’s annual fundraising goals via institutional funding, individual donors, fundraising events, the Annual Benefit Art Auction, and Membership. This position supports all development activities, including maintaining the annual grants submission calendar, processing gifts and acknowledging donors, overseeing in-kind sponsorship, catalog ad sales, and guest registration for the annual Benefit Art Auction, and administering the Artist Trust Membership program.
Reports to: Development Director
Primary Duties include (but are not limited to):
Supports corporate and foundation fundraising by maintaining submission and reporting calendar and managing the proposal submission process
• Assists with narrative creation, compiling of support documentation, and creation of submission timelines with Development Director and other staff as needed
• Conducts prospect research to identify new funding sources and opportunities
Donor Stewardship and Gift Acknowledgement
Facilitate all gift processing, receipting and donor acknowledgements while maintaining accurate and complete donor records in Raiser’s Edge database
• Processes donations; maintaining accurate and thorough constituent records and timely acknowledgement of gifts
• Reports and analyze giving totals, progress against goals and giving trends
• Reconciles gifts with finance staff on a monthly basis
Annual Benefit Art Auction
Serves as key team member during planning and implementation of the Artist Trust Annual Benefit Art Auction (2019 date: March 30), the organization’s signature annual event attended by approximately 500 guests and raising over $500,000 annually
• Supports development of catalog ad sales, corporate sponsorships, and procurement of in kind items
• Manages event registration, including RSVP management, seating, coordination of catering and guest hospitality, using Auction Tracker or similar event management system
• Passion for and commitment to Artist Trust’s core mission and goals
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Adaptability, creativity and innovativeness
• Proven teamwork and collaboration with humor and an unstoppable penchant for success
• Excellent communication skills; a readiness to share information; an approach that seeks, values and incorporates advice
• Emotional intelligence and cultural competence
• Passion for and commitment to racial equity in the arts
• Resourcefulness, with the ability to adapt to rapid change and anticipate opportunities
• Strong computer skills with MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook), with facility in dealing with large data sets and performing mail merges
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge (or similar database)
This is a full time position with an annual salary range of $35,000 - $40,000 DOE. Generous paid vacation and sick leave offered. Eligible for group medical, long-term disability, life insurance, and employer-matched retirement plan. Additional benefits include Artist Trust membership, access to Artist Trust programs, a fun and flexible work place and a dog-friendly office.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Hiring@ArtistTrust.org with the subject DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR. Preference given to candidates applying before 9 AM on April 9, 2018. No phone calls or contacts through social media.
Artist Trust is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all EOE and ADA requirements. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Time Commitment : 40 hours per week