- Submission fee
For more information visit:
New in 2018! Snap Grants!
Snap Grant Amounts: $1,000 - $1,500
Snap Grants Pre-application period open: February 1, 2018
Snap Grants Rolling Application Period: July 1 - December 31, 2018
Project Dates: Must be completed by June 30, 2019
Snap Grants is a rolling grants program aimed at supporting small community groups and organizations
producing projects or events with arts and culture as a primary or significant component.
Snap Grant Priorities
Designed as an entry point into ArtsWA funding programs, the Snap Grants pilot program prioritizes;
• Applications from groups or organizations new to ArtsWA funding.
• Groups or organizations that have not been funded in the last three ArtsWA funding cycles (July 1,
2015 - June 30, 2018).
• Applications that help us reach our organizational goals on social justice as indicated in our
strategic plan’s crosscutting objective: “Increase our specific and intentional efforts around social
justice by ensuring that ArtsWA-funded activities and work are reflective of Washington’s diverse
populations including cultural diversity, artistic disciplines, geographic locations, and underserved
• Applications that demonstrate strong public benefit and feasibility defined as:
• Proposal identifies and details creative, cultural, professional, and/or economic
• Proposal identifies strategic collaboration with community partners and stakeholders.
• Proposal identifies increased access to participation in the arts, expansion and/or
diversification of audience (To see some examples of public benefit click here or visit
this link: https://goo.gl/ymk2Dk.
• Proposal is well thought out, offers value to audiences or community, and its budget
and project timeline meet program parameters.
• Small groups or organizations with an annual operating budget up to or less than $25,000.
• Small groups or organizations producing projects or events that have arts and culture as a primary or
significant component, that are open to the public, and provide public benefit as defined by these
• A minimum one-year history of arts and/or relevant programming that demonstrates the
capacity to produce the proposed project or event.
• 501(c)3 status or fiscal sponsorship is NOT required but, should you receive a grant, applicants
must provide the authorizing official’s Social Security number or the organization’s federal tax
identification number (FEIN) issued by the Internal Revenue Service for contracting purposes.
• Pre-applications will be accepted starting February 1, 2018.
• Application review and notifications between July 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
• We will let you know within 6-8 weeks whether or not you have received funding.
• Funded projects must be completed by June 30, 2019.
• Payment will be made AFTER your funded proposal/project has taken place.
• A pre-application is required to determine if your proposal is good fit for this pilot program.
• Applicants may receive one Snap Grant per fiscal year.
• Applicants may not additionally apply to any other Grants to Organizations program category
during the same grant cycle fiscal year.
• Successful grant recipients must submit a Final Report at the end of the contract period, or when the
project is complete, before payment can be made.
• Applicants may receive funding from this program up to three times during the program’s lifetime,
and no more.
• Funds for the Snap Grants program are limited, and will be distributed on a competitive basis each
year until funds are exhausted.
What we will fund
• Snap Grants will support a broad range of projects, events, professional development, and
some operational support.
What we won’t fund
• For a comprehensive list of what Snap Grants will not fund, click here (https://goo.gl/GjwbTS). We
encourage you to review this list thoroughly.
Ready to apply?
• Click here (https://goo.gl/bSUwE9) to access our online application system. (Paper applications
available in special circumstances. Contact the Program Staff via contact information below).
• Complete the Pre-Application which will help the grants manager determine if your project is a
good fit for a Snap grant. Once your Pre-Application is submitted and reviewed, an appointment will
be set up to discuss next steps.
• Miguel Guillén, Grants to Organizations Program Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org, 360 -586-0424
ArtsWA is the Washington State Arts Commission, a state government agency established in 1961.
Read more about the Washington State Arts Commission here: http://www.arts.wa.gov/about-us.