For more information visit:
The Broadway Center for the Performing Arts seeks qualified applicants for the position of part-time Event Aide/Concessionaire (est. 20 - 32 hours per week). This position will assist the Concessions Lead in developing and implementing food and beverage services for the Broadway Center, as well as assist the Event Lead in the coordination of all events set-ups and tear-downs while delivering the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Help set up and tear down for all BCPA events on either the BCPA campus or off-site, and ensure all event are properly set and ready. Update or change marquee when needed. Clean and perform some basic janitorial services before, during, or after events.
- Work events as a member of the concessions staff. Assist in taking product inventory and be accountable for concession area of responsibility including stocking area when necessary. Handle money and account for register till. Push pre-sales and floor sales for shows with intermissions. Clean and maintain concession stands. Assist with catering and hospitality for all BCPA events.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Attend Front of House/Concessions Monthly Meetings and All-Staff Meetings when scheduling allows.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Be able to work weekends, evenings, and on an on-call basis.
- Have a current WA State Food Handler’s Card, WA State Class 12 alcohol server permit, and CPR certification card, OR be able to obtain them.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Be able to handle extended periods of standing, walking, bending and kneeling including lifting at least 20-30 lbs.
- Have at least one year of commercial food and beverage handling experience.
- Have cash handling experience.
- Have proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Have computer literacy skills including knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Have reliable transportation.
- Be organized and enjoy working with the public and as part of a team.
- Have a professional attitude, be a team player, and work well with others.
Send an e-mail with resume, cover letter and three professional references to Gini Sommer at email@example.com.
Or by mail:
Broadway Center for the Performing Arts
Attention: Gini Hawkins
901 Broadway, Suite 700
Tacoma, WA, 98402
Arts-Related, Performing Arts, Theater