- Submission fee
For more information visit:
Gallery North is a cooperative gallery in Edmonds, Washington which supports local artists. The gallery is dedicated to the presentation of high quality and creative visual art and to the development and promotion of artists’ careers. Collectively, members share in the work of the gallery and have the opportunity to build on or share their skills in marketing, arts event coordination, as well as exhibition development, management, and installation.
Benefits for all gallery artists include
• Opportunity to exhibit and sell your work.
• Sales commission of 65% to artist.
• The display of your work on our website.
• Personal gallery book with examples of your work in the gallery.
• Networking opportunities for developing relationships with other emerging and professional artists.
• Opportunities to curate shows and exhibit work in group and solo shows in the gallery and to develop exhibitions for venues outside the gallery.
• Opportunities to participate in public programming and public events.
• 12-month commitment.
• Participation in the work of running the gallery via committee or task assignments and attendance at gallery events and meetings.
• Initial, one time joining fee of $150.
• Monthly dues of $60.
Members propose and develop exhibitions for the gallery as well in other outside opportunities. We occasionally show work by non-member artists who are invited in as a part of a curated exhibition or who have developed an exhibition that includes our members. The membership functions as a team promoting each other’s work and creating cultivating opportunities. All members are expected to participate in the work of running the gallery through committee and task assignments. Hours required vary and generally do not involve staffing the gallery during business hours. Our dues, fees, and fundraising efforts cover our basic operating expenses and allow us to pass a large portion of income from sales back to the artist.
To be considered, visit the Gallery North website www.gallerynorthedmonds.com, download and complete an application. Completed applications should be sent to Lauriel Sandstrom, 105 N 177th Street, Shoreline, WA 98133 or scan and email all information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your completed Membership Application along with the following:
• Five images that best represent the work you wish to show in the gallery. (Five images for each medium)
• An inventory list of currently available work showing title, medium, size and retail price of each piece (It is best to show a range of sizes and have sufficient inventory before you apply. Sufficient inventory is approximately 12-18 pieces.)
• A resume or biography of your art career.
• Contact information for two character witnesses from a previous job or gallery.
• Email: email@example.com
• Phone: 206-542-1916
• Gallery Hours: 11am-5 pm, Sunday-Friday, 10am-6pm, Saturday