- Submission fee
For more information visit:
We invite you to contribute to our exhibit “Cabin Couture” Holiday Gift Show at Confluence Gallery in Twisp, WA.
The show will open on NOVEMBER 17, 2018 and will run thru JANUARY 5, 2019.
Think of an imaginary cabin in your mind and how you would like to live in it making clever use of everyday items. This might include three dimensional objects made anew from vintage finds, interior and exterior furniture reimagined for cabin living, iron works, hand-made quilts for the bed and other textiles, woven rugs and throws, hand-carved bowls and utensils for the kitchen, ceramics, rustic garden features, artful birdhouses, and art for the sake of artful expression in any medium.
Large and small paintings of two dimensional works are acceptable without specification of size.
Accepted artworks in this annual gift show will offer viewers a look into how you, as the artist, might make selections for your living environment within a smaller footprint.
Number of pieces to submit:
* May provide up to 12 items depending on size, retail priced at approximately $75.00 ea. or under.
* Larger works, such as, paintings or free-standing sculpture, should be limited to 1 to 4 pieces.
Here are the rules- Each piece must be:
• Your own original work.
• Available for sale.
• Created in the last 3 years.
• Never previously been shown in the Methow Valley area.
• Any Size
• Any Medium
• Wall pieces must be ready for hanging with appropriate hardware/wire secured to work (wall works without hanging hardware will not be hung)
Please note the curator(s) have the right to refuse work , even after work is delivered to the gallery, if it does not contribute to the direction, cohesiveness, or available space of the show. We are looking for high quality execution and thoughtful content that contribute to the vision of the show as stated above.
• Intent to Submit by August 17, 2018 (email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Email samples of work or website by AUGUST 17, 2018. Title each image with your last name, title, medium and size.
• Email Jpegs of accepted work or work in progress by OCTOBER 17, 2018 (300 dpi for promo materials).
• Artist Statement and Bio by NOVEMBER 10, 2018 (word doc preferred, pdf OK).
• Completed works, Inventory Sheet and Confluence Gallery Contract by NOVEMBER 10, 2018.
• Show Opening NOVEMBER 17, 2018 4pm – 8pm. All artists are encouraged to attend.
• Show Closes JANUARY 5, 2019. Work will be available for pick up after 3pm.
The Confluence Gallery and Art Center is a non-profit gallery. All shipping costs to and from the gallery of unsold works is each artist’s responsibility. See Confluence Gallery Shipping Procedures form for details.
Please email THERESA MILLER email@example.com or call Executive Director Salyna Gracie at the Confluence Gallery (509) 997-2787 if you have any questions about the show or the requirements. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your consideration.