- Submission fee
For more information visit:
We invite you to contribute to our ELEMENTAL SCULPTURE show at the Confluence Gallery in Twisp, WA. The show will open on May 27 2017 and will run through June 24 2017.
Confluence Gallery presents Elemental Sculpture a celebration of sculptural works in wood, metal, glass, ceramic and stone. Elemental Sculpture defines an artistic relationship with nature, resulting in a 3-dimensional expression of natural elements. In different cultures, the four fundamental elements of the universe are earth, water, air and fire. The most ancient building blocks of the universe, according to the Babylonians, were four: earth, sky, sea and wind. With this in mind, this exhibit will include sculpture of varying scales that connect the artist and viewers to earth, water, air and fire, or earth, sky, sea and wind.
We ask you to submit up to 3 works to be considered for this exhibit.
Here are the rules- Each piece must be:
- Your own original work.
- Available for sale.
- Created in the last 3 years.
- Never previously been shown in the Methow Valley area.
- Any Size (or give size parameters if appropriate)
- wood, metal, glass, ceramic and stone mediums only
- Ready for hanging with appropriate hardware/wire secured to work (works without hanging hardware will not be hung)
Please note the curator(s) have the right to refuse work, even after work is delivered to the gallery, if it does not contribute to the direction, cohesiveness, or available space of the show. We are looking for high quality execution and thoughtful content that contribute to the vision of the show as stated above.
- Intent to Submit by April 14 2017 (email to email@example.com)
- Jpegs of work or work in progress by April 21 2017 (high quality images are preferred)
- Artist Statement and Bio by May 20 2017 (in email or word doc only, no pdf’s or handwritten statements please).
- Completed works, Inventory Sheet and Confluence Gallery Contract by May 20 2017 (in email or word doc only, no pdf’s or handwritten statements please).
- Show Opening May 27 2017 4pm – 8pm. All artists are encouraged to attend.
- Show Closes June 24 2017 Work will be available for pick up after 3pm.
The Confluence Gallery and Art Center is a non-profit gallery. All shipping costs to and from the gallery of unsold works is each artist’s responsibility. See Confluence Gallery Shipping Procedures form for details.
Please feel free to email submissions directly to exhibit coordinator Nicole Ringgold firstname.lastname@example.org or call/email Executive Director Salyna Gracie at the Confluence Gallery (509) 997-2787 email@example.com if you have any questions about the show or the requirements. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Craft, Folk/Traditional Arts, Multidisciplinary Arts, Visual Arts