For more information visit:
NOW HIRING: GENERAL MANAGER
On the Boards, Seattle’s home for contemporary dance, theater and performance, is looking for a General Manager to be responsible for helping the organization meet its artistic, operational, community, equity and financial goals. This new full-time position will report to the Artistic Director & CEO, and will be a valued liaison to the executive and finance committees of the board while also serving as part of the leadership team of a nonprofit 501(c)3 contemporary arts center.
• Works with Artistic Director to execute current and future artistic, operational and community engagement goals.
• Provides leadership in finance, operations, audience services, production and facilities/occupancy, and manages staff in each of these areas.
• Serves as a staff lead and liaison for key committees and task forces of the Board of Trustees and the organization, ensuring successful functionality and assuring compliance with By-Laws and Board Handbook policies. Works with Artistic Director and Director of External Affairs to facilitate board communications as a whole.
• Manages all financial control functions, including accounting information systems, budget development, cash management, bookkeeping functions, audit and tax preparation.
• Assures compliance with relevant laws (e.g. employment law), regulations, accounting principles, organizational policies and grant requirements and monitors all legal, contractual and financial obligations, for all staff.
• Performs all human resources functions, including completion of performance evaluations and adherence to employment policies and procedures.
• Works with fundraising team to support individual donor cultivation, institutional grant-writing, corporate sponsorships and benefit events.
• Oversees all audience service functions of the organization, including all box office and front of house staff, volunteers and operations.
• Ensures the smooth operation of day-to-day activities, including all office systems and operations, information technology and communication systems for both inter-organizational and external communication and data storage, and managing all operations staff, contractors and vendors.
• Ensures the proper maintenance and upkeep the facility, including management of the parking lot and four rented retail spaces, and supervision of all facilities staff, contractors and vendors.
This position requires a leader with a minimum of five years of accounting and finance experience, ideally beginning in accounting and audit. S/he will ideally have experience in a complex nonprofit with multiple programs. Other qualifications include:
• Solid experience managing audit activities, reporting and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and cash management
• Experience leading the development and monitoring of annual operating and/or capital development and monitoring of annual operating and/or replacement budgets conreplacement budgets
• Knowledge of nonprofit accounting and fund accounting
• A demonstrated commitment to mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team
• Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allow for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
• Interest in contemporary performance
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a strong commitment to OtB’s mission
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to board or other outside partners
• Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
• Minimum five years experience in administration, business management, professional service or related arts field.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant field from an accredited college or university
• Demonstrated success working with QuickBooks accounting software
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and advanced Excel
• Strong not-for-profit accounting and financial reporting skills
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Status: Full-time exempt
Reports to: Artistic Director & CEO, On the Boards
Compensation: $60,000 starting
OtB is a 38-year-old arts organization in Seattle, committed to presenting contemporary dance, theater, and multidisciplinary work. We operate with a $1.64 million budget and a staff of 15. We typically present 14 pieces in our June – September season by artists based locally and around the world, along with two locally based artistic programs, Open Studio and the Northwest New Works Festival. We also run OntheBoards.tv, a website which features full-length, high definition (HD) films of performance and is used in all 50 states, 157 countries, and by thousands of students at 102 universities worldwide.
Email cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com (subject line: General Manager Search) by Dec 16th. Position open until filled. Final candidates will be subject to a background check.
On the Boards is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Dance, Emerging Fields & Cross-Disciplinary, Film/Media Arts, Multidisciplinary Arts, Music, Performing Arts, Theater, Non-Profit Orgs.