For more information visit:
DIRECTOR OF PARTNERSHIPS, PRODUCTS, AND RESEARCH
Art with Heart is a nonprofit organization based in Seattle, WA, dedicated to supporting the emotional well-being of children affected by hardship. Since 2002, we have created healing, therapeutic activity books that bring together the best in therapy with world-class illustration to help children and teens facing distress use creativity to lead to inspired possibilities. Now in our third decade, we seek to scale our good by building robust local, regional, and national partnerships, developing online tools to reach more youth-serving adults, and creating rigorous research plans to prove with data what we know from qualitative research: Art with Heart helps children turn pain into possibility and despair into hope.
Position Summary and Mission
Art with Heart is seeking a dynamic, compassionate, and inspired leader who is fired up about partnership building, product innovation, and research. We are on a mission to deepen and broaden our reach and impact over the coming decade to help more children than ever see the possibility for their lives. We will do this by identifying regional and national partners—partners that already have mental health experts who work with children and are in need of more tools to help children heal and build hope. We are also focused on meeting people where they are by creating and curating innovative relevant online content to youth-serving adults so that they feel both equipped and empowered to support children as they experience breakthroughs that turn pain into possibility.
The Director of Partnerships, Products, and Research will lead a team of high performing individuals focused on partnership building, product innovation, training design and development, and thoughtful programming. This position will report to the CEO and will be a member of the leadership team.
Summary of key responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
● Identify and manage key regional, national, and global partners to scale Art with Heart’s reach and deepen our impact.
● Attend local, regional, and national meetings, conferences, and events to build brand awareness and cultivate core, and identify new partnerships.
Product and program development
● Build 3-5 year product innovation pipeline through informed customer insights and market research.
● Develop rigorous continuous improvement processes for core products.
● Engage in appropriate research, conferences, workshops, and professional development to stay in current with changes in education systems and expectations of key stakeholders and decision-makers.
● Have a solid understanding of online learning management systems and instructional content design.
● Evaluate and monitor industry and competitive landscape to inform long-term strategy for book development and online learning tools to build competency in youth-serving adults.
● Assist in developing and overseeing implementation of a variety of new digital platforms and experiences (e.g. art instruction videos, podcasts, apps, etc.)
Leadership and management
● Act as an ambassador for the organization both internally and externally.
● Lead a high-performing team of individuals to deliver on 2017 AOP (annual operating plan) strategies and goals.
● Develop and empower internal talent.
● Key thought leader contributing to Art with Heart’s innovative future.
Training development and facilitation
● Pioneer new training offerings for youth-serving adults, both live and elearning.
● Identify and deliver on annual training goals (e.g. number of adults trained, earned revenue, etc.).
● Identify, oversee and evaluate training team of consultants facilitating live and online trainings.
Research and grants
● Identify partners to design rigorous research plans that move Art with Heart from “proof of concept” to evidence-based.
● Work in partnership with the Development team to identify research funders from private foundations or individuals.
● Contribute to grant identification pipeline and content development.
Summary of experience
The right candidate will have at least eight years of direct experience leading teams, building partnerships, and developing products and programs. The candidate will have a deep grasp of the power of technology as a tool to educate and empower individuals and organizations. Experience working with diverse cross-functional teams and managing complex projects is preferred.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
● Capacity to work effectively with wide range of diverse people, in and outside of the organization
● Effective written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to balance core mission, innovation vision, and business results
● Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines and goals
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Ability to analyze problems and offer solutions
● Leadership – Catalyzes commitment, inspires greatness in others, and drives the vigorous pursuit of a clear and compelling vision.
● Composure – Remains calm, maintains perspective, and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations.
● Accountability – Takes personal responsibility for the continuous growth of knowledge, skills, and experiences to propel self and organization forward.
● Managing Ambiguity – Able to successfully function during times of uncertainty and change.
● Results Oriented – Gets results, achieves goals.
● Interpersonal Skills – Builds effective relationships, inside and outside Art with Heart.
● Customer Engagement – Builds relationships and delivers legendary service that meets and exceeds partner/customer expectations.
● Ethics and Integrity – Adheres to Art with Heart values and vision.
The position is full-time and may require some travel or flexibility in working hours. In general, working hours are from 8:30–5, M-F.
Initial application should include resume and one-page cover letter explaining candidate’s passion for the role and leadership philosophy. Art with Heart is an organization dedicated to self-improvement through creative expression. In your cover letter, please include how you use creative expression for self-improvement or reflection.
Art with Heart is committed to building a committed and diverse team. Candidates from outside the Puget Sound region, women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Disciplines, Arts-Related, Non-Profit Orgs.