- Submission fee
For more information visit:
The Made at Hugo House fellowship supports emerging writers, providing space and resources to four to six fellows in the Seattle area to complete a proposed project. Projects include (but are not limited to) completing the first draft of a novel, developing a new memoir, or creating a chapbook of poetry.
- A supportive writing cohort and environment
- Minimum of one free Hugo Class per quarter
- Use of our shared writing offices
- Access to Hugo House readings and performances
- Opportunities to develop teaching skills
- Two public readings
- Professional development consultation from working writers, agents, and more.
WHAT THE PROGRAM SUPPORTS
- The development and presentation of new work
- Projects that will be completed in one year, from October to September
- Works not previously published and/or produced (excluding excerpts or individual poems or stories that are part of a larger project)
- Works of writing, including, but not limited to, poetry, fiction, nonfiction, plays, translation, graphic novels and comics, and multimedia and cross-disciplinary works
- Projects culminating in a reading, event, or performance
WHO CAN APPLY
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- An individual artist (No groups, collaborations, companies or organizations.)
- Resident of the Seattle area at the time of application and through completion of the fellowship period able to provide proof of residency if selected
- Age 18 or older
- Cannot be a current staff, board, or committee member of Hugo House
- Cannot be a graduate or undergraduate student in any degree program during the fellowship period
Visit hugohouse.org/get-involved/made-hugo-house/ for more info and to apply.