- Submission fee
For more information visit:
Hello Prospective Intern,
Grade Studio is seeking interns to join our team. We create large-scale site-specific sculptures inspired by changing geological and biological forms and systems in the natural world. The studio’s sculptures are exhibited internationally in museums and galleries, and outdoors in urban public spaces, sculpture parks and nature. Current and upcoming exhibition venues include the Smithsonian Museum of American Art, the Seattle Art Museum, the Anchorage Museum, the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, and the Arte Sella Sculpture Park in Trento, Italy.
Our team of 18 people encompasses a wide range of backgrounds with a diversity of skills and interests. Current and upcoming projects involve woodworking, metalworking, sewing, kinetics, electrical and computer modeling. Internships are unpaid and can range from one to five days per week for one to three months. Our goal is to employ and integrate your existing skills as well as introduce you to skills you would like to learn or facilitate further development.
Summer: June 1 - Aug 31 Fall: Sept. 1 - Nov. 30 Winter: Dec 1 - Feb. 28 Spring: March 1 - May 31
Please indicate your preferred internship period. Summer is our most competitive season. We can accommodate some internships falling outside our set internship periods.
Please briefly describe your background. Add a link to your artist website if applicable:
- What are your strengths and skills? (Highlight below and supplement with details)
* Woodworking (carving/carpentry/boat-building)
* Metalworking (welding experience)
* Metal Casting (steel/aluminum/bronze/other)
* Plaster/wax/paper casting
* Plastics casting/fabrication
* Electronics/lighting design
* CAD 3-D modeling/Rhino
* Sound recording/composition
* VR/AR coding
* Social media/press relations
* Research (area of expertise/interest)
- What are your goals/expectations for this internship?
- Are you seeking academic credit for the internship? If so, what specifically is required of the studio for this?
- Are you interested in participating in our weekly potluck?
*We are seeking to build a diverse community that is inclusive of all races, national or ethnic origins, ages, religions, sexual orientations, gender identity and expressions, and veteran status. We will also work to accommodate people with special needs/disabilities.
*This is an unpaid internship but partial need-based scholarships may be available.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!
Arts-Related, Craft, Multidisciplinary Arts, Visual Arts