- Submission fee
For more information visit:
Position Title: Teaching Artist
Supervisor: Education Director
About the Organization: Seattle Children’s Theatre (SCT) is one of the most prominent theatres for young
audiences in the United States and the world. The mission of Seattle Children’s Theatre is to provide
children of all ages access to professional theatre, with a focus on new works, and theatre education.
Teaching Artists provide professional arts instruction for students ages 3.5-21 within the wide variety of Theatre Arts educational opportunities SCT provides, including Drama School classes, Education Outreach workshops/residencies and special events. Teaching Artists may be asked to provide mentorship for other Teaching Artists, Interns and volunteer classroom assistants. Teaching Artists receive specific job assignments on a rolling basis dependent on expertise, availability and Drama School and Outreach schedules.
- Provide Professional Teaching Artistry for Drama School classes, Outreach workshops/residencies and other SCT events as assigned
- Utilize positive classroom management techniques
- Develop and implement written curriculum
- Maintain accurate records as required, including attendance and student medical and emergency information
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with students, guardians, staff, and teachers
- Represent Education Programs both within SCT and outside of SCT in a professional manner
- Professional background, certification or degree in theatre or relevant fields including acting, physical comedy, musical theatre, sketch comedy, stage combat, etc.
- A minimum of 2 years of teaching artist experience
- Reliable mode of transportation if interested in Outreach opportunities
- Seattle Sick and Safe Time – 1 hour per 40 hours worked
To apply, please send 1) a current resume, 2) a cover letter and 3) three professional references to Don Fleming, Education Director, Seattle Children’s Theatre, email@example.com No phone calls, drop-ins or physical mailings please.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. The Seattle Children’s Theatre provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Arts-Related, Performing Arts, Theater, Non-Profit Orgs.