- Submission fee
For more information visit:
This is a full time non-exempt position with expected associated benefits. The shop serves our BFA and AA candidate students throughout the schoolhouse including Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design and other interested students.
Supervise the services of the IDT Shop, facilitate the efficient operation of shop cage and studio spaces, maintain the equipment, and supervise student workers. Ensure safety and cleanliness of shop environment. Incumbent must assure that the Company philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
General Shop Capabilities:
- Full Woodshop (with dust collection for safety)
- Full Metal Milling Shop (1 full size mill, 1 full size lathe and 1 mini-lathe)
- Automotive Clay Modeling Room (partnered with Honda R&D)
- Rapid Prototyping Technology (including 3D scanning)
- Paint Spray Booth with full ventilation.
- Storage for student projects and supplies
- Objet24 made by Objet Technologies
- Rhino and Solidworks
- Universal M360 made by Universal Laser Systems
- CNC Machining
- Screen Printing with washout booth