- Submission fee
For more information visit:
Position Open until Filled. Priority given to applications submitted by February 15, 2018.
Velocity is Seattle’s award-winning cultural hub advancing dance and movement art by fostering the creative explorations of artists and audiences. We are at the forefront of a movement of risk-taking art that shatters assumptions and builds community. Our culture is artist-focused and highly collaborative. Velocity is catalyst for artists and action: a resource and laboratory for the open exchange of art and ideas. We work towards a world that celebrates a diversity of cultural heritage, race, class, artistic expression, ability, gender identity and sexual orientation. We work towards a world where dance artists are valued for their singular contribution to society. Velocity activates three studios, a convertible theater, an office/resource room, an online journal, and produces programming through out the region in partnership with major organizations. In recent years, Seattle has become one of the foremost centers for dance in the nation. Velocity is looking for a motivated, self-directed individual who welcomes the opportunity to join our exceptional team and engage with this dynamic environment.
Salaried $32-35K, 36-40+ hours a week, DOE. Health and dental benefits; generous paid holiday, vacation and sick leave; free admission to Velocity events and other Seattle theaters; unlimited free movement classes; subsidized studio rentals; professional development opportunities. Flexible schedule and ability to work from home, but this is a theater, some weekend/evening hours are required.
Development Manager + Artistic Executive Director (AED)
The Development Associate implements a consistent program for donor cultivation, stewardship, and donor growth. They oversee daily development operations, including managing development interns and all database administration to ensure data integrity. The Development associate helps execute Velocity’s grant process and tracking, event planning, corporate sponsors, matching gifts and monthly donor program. They work closely with the Development Manager and AED to create and implement an annual fundraising plan, identify and grow new creative opportunities for financial support, and nurture positive external relationships with donors and funders.
DONOR CULTIVATION + STEWARDSHIP
• Assist Development Manager and AED in developing and implementing individual donor fundraising plan, including cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
• Assist in sustaining and fostering a robust major donor program.
• Manage donor database PatronManager/Salesforce. Lead efforts to maintain giving information and donor lists, run reports as needed, and ensure donor data integrity.
• Create donor profiles to share with AED, board members and development team.
• Draft thank-you letters and emails, ensuring donors are acknowledged in timely manner.
• Work with AED + Development Manager to create a consistent program for donor cultivation and stewardship.
• Work with Development Manager to grow and sustain monthly giving program.
• Execute simple development department digital and printed collateral, working with Development Manager and AED to ensure brand consistency.
• Ensure donors and funders are accurately acknowledged in all Velocity communications.
• Represent Velocity to students, patrons, and donors as needed.
• Coordinate Board Development Committee and attend meetings as necessary.
• Support organizational culture to include a ‘Culture of Philanthropy’.
GRANTS and MATCHING GIFTS
• Coordinate grant strategy meetings.
• Coordinate timelines for completion of grants and grant reports.
• Upload and submit grants and reports.
• Manage grant-tracking documents.
• Manage program impact tracking document for grant reporting; work with interns and staff as needed.
• Provide necessary follow-up and filing for corporate matching gifts.
• Assist in researching new grant + matching gift opportunities.
• Attend all donor events;
• Represent development at performances.
• Coordinate Donor Event strategy meetings with AED and Development Manager.
• Work with Development Team + Board Development Committee on designing special events for donor and MVP cultivation and stewardship – coordinating with AED, as needed, to ensure brand and vision integrity.
• Prepare personal invitations to donor + MVP events including inviting donors to open rehearsals –working with Communications Manager to ensure brand integrity.
• Coordinate donor events, managing timelines, day-of event details and volunteers.
• Procure in-kind donations for special event raffles and other fundraising.
• Coordinate administrative tasks.
• Assist Development Manager in building annual Development Calendar with corresponding production timelines.
• Maintain organization of general development files on Dropbox.
• Concierge services: Represent Velocity for all walk-in clientele, answering phones and directly inquiries as needed.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least one-year experience working in development, preferably in the arts, education, or social justice.
• Experience running a fundraising campaign (i.e. crowdfunding, email, letter, social media etc.)
• Contagious passion for risk-taking dance, and a belief in arts ability to transform communities, neighborhoods and society.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; comfortable communicating with people from all walks of life one-on-one and in group settings.
• A self-starter, successful working in a fast-paced team with multiple deadlines.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Exceptional problem solving and organizational skills.
• Experience managing administrative projects, involving multiple team members and complex timelines.
• Enjoys a collaborative, creative work environment.
• Expert or proficient in Salesforce or similar database.
• Fluent in English; conversational skills in other languages a plus, but not required.
• Committed to the mission and values of Velocity.
You’re passionate about contemporary performance, and the arts as a catalyst for change. You are a connector, and find excitement in bringing together peoples passions with philanthropic opportunities. You are comfortable talking one-on-one with folks from all walks of life, but equally as comfortable getting up and inspiring a room full of people. You can dig into data to inform a strategy as easily as you can strike up a rapport with a potential donor you just met. You love keeping things organized and on-track. You can look at a situation as a whole, as well as zoom in on the details. You are at home multi-tasking and can gracefully transition from talking with a donor to wrapping up a grant report to looking at mass communication to ensuring a donor list is up to snuff. You keep your ear to the ground for best practices and trends in fundraising and philanthropy. You enjoy working collaboratively and closely with your peers and co-workers, and enjoy celebrating others.
Please send letter of interest, resume, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
VELOCITY fosters a creative and professional environment that reflects the diversity of Seattle. We are actively recruiting a wide pool of applicants representing dimensions of difference that include - but are not limited to - age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender.
Employees must maintain a degree of flexibility in our rapidly changing environment and, as such, may be required to perform additional duties beyond the scope described here from time to time.
Arts-Related, Dance, Non-Profit Orgs.