- Submission fee
Administrative Director - Job Description
Washington Lawyers for the Arts, a non-profit statewide organization providing pro bono services to artists and arts organizations, seeks a part time Administrative Director to manage daily office operations and assist the Board of Directors as requested. The Administrative Director is the main point of contact for the organization’s members, donors, volunteers, and clients.
The Administrative Director works with the Board Chair and the Executive Committee to help run the organization. The Administrative Director reports to the Chair, or other Directors, as determined by the Chair, and is accountable to the Board. Responsibilities include:
- Publicize the activities of the organization.
- Execute email and social media campaigns.
- Maintain fruitful working relationships with arts organizations and the legal community.
Program and Services Management
- Manage WLA’s legal clinic program, including coordination and scheduling.
- Schedule and facilitate the organization’s speaker’s bureau, workshops, and other programming, as necessary.
- Assist the Board and committees as requested to implement educational workshops, materials, and website services.
- Coordinate volunteers to assist in WLA operations.
- Manage and assess WLA’s attorney referral program.
Fundraising & Membership
- Implement fundraising efforts as instructed by the Fundraising Committee and develop additional fundraising sources as directed (i.e., writing and submitting grants).
- Maintain the electronic database of donors, members, and related information.
- Coordinate fundraising events.
Financial and Administrative Management
- Ensure WLA operates within budget guidelines.
- General office administration, including oversight of insurance coverage, accounts receivable and payable, coordinating with bookkeeper, and maintaining banking relationship.
- Manage all incoming emails, phone calls, and correspondence with timely responses.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assist the Executive Committee in planning and delivery of Board meetings, including circulating agendas and necessary materials prior to meetings.
- Participate in WLA committee meetings upon request.
- Report developments, progress, and issues to the board, as necessary.
TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.