- Submission fee
For more information visit:
The Artist Trust Benefit Art Auction is an annual gala fundraiser bringing together artists, community members, collectors, donors, and friends to celebrate Artist Trust’s mission of delivering financial grants and business practice support to individual artists of all disciplines in Washington State. Check out the auction website at www.artisttrustauction.org (more info will appear there soon) and the Facebook event here: www.facebook.com/events/1234572883335211/
Artist Trust invites visual and jewelry artists to submit up to three works to be considered for inclusion in the auction. Our aim is to present your best work. Artwork will be juried on the following criteria:
· Quality, originality, and currency of work
· Audience appeal and salability
· Size for ease of transport and installation
· $500 to $4,500 retail value
Artists are welcome to submit works outside these parameters - exceptions to be made on a case-by-case basis. A jury of accomplished collectors, gallerists, and curators will choose works. Recent jurors include: Tim Detweiler, Paula Stokes, Marita Dingus, Edie Adams, Stefano Catalani, Bryan Ohno, Sarah Traver, Chris Weber, Cathy Casteel, Miriam Works, Phen Huang, Francine Seders, Jonathan Wood, Deborah Paine, Mattie Iverson, and many more. Jury will be announced by September 30.
Artist Trust also accepts proposals of “Art Experience” packages, such as a portrait sitting, a studio tour or dinner, tickets to performances, or a home concert. Contact Kristina Goetz, Director of Development, to discuss your proposal: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BENEFITS FOR DONATING ARTISTS
· Visibility of your artwork, bio, and website to the auction jury
· Visibility of your artwork, bio, and website to the auction audience on the auction website, in the auction catalog, and in-person at the event
· Social media and email promotion for selected works
· Guided curator tour of selected works on auction night
· One free artist ticket to attend the auction ($250 value includes seated dinner and all-night drinks) –OR– 20% commission on sold art and $50 artist ticket
· One $100 guest ticket ($250 value)
· Auction orientation and networking workshop/happy hour with Artist Trust staff
· A one-year Artist Trust membership ($45 value), which provides savings on Artist Trust business practice programs and discounts at regional arts businesses and museums: artisttrust.org/index.php/show-your-support/benefits
· Infinite gratitude from Artist Trust’s staff and board and the thousands of artists we serve each year!
· October 16, 2017 | Submission deadline
· November 1, 2017 | Jury meets
· November 7, 2017 | Selection notifications sent to artists
· January 26, 2018 | Drop-off and RSVP deadline
· February 7, 2018 | Workshop and happy hour
· February 24, 2018 | Auction
ABOUT ARTIST TRUST
Artist Trust has invested over $10 million in Washington State artists since its founding in 1986, through grant programs and direct support. Artist Trust also provides a comprehensive suite of business practices training and resources to help artists achieve their career goals.
Artist Trust is a nonprofit dedicated to helping Washington State artists of all disciplines thrive. Find out more at www.artisttrust.org.
Emily Dennis, Annual Fund & Events Manager
email@example.com | 206/467-8734 x16
Kristina Goetz, Director of Development
firstname.lastname@example.org | 206/467-8734 x21
Craft, Folk/Traditional Arts, Photography, Visual Arts