Reports to the Executive Director has overall responsibility for the people, processes and tools required to support the brand, marketing and communications functions for Pilchuck Glass School. Implements campaigns in support of student and donor brand, marketing and communications programs, partnerships, gallery promotion and special events. Oversees the daily communications, graphic design, social media, public relations and marketing activities for Pilchuck. Manages the Pilchuck design and website contractors and other relevant contractors and vendors.
• Collaborates with the Executive Director, Communications Committee and outside strategic advisors, to plan and execute marketing and communications programs to create awareness and achieve annual funding and program attendance goals.
• Oversees day-to-day execution of integrated marketing and communication plan in support of Pilchuck Glass School goals.
• Oversees the daily operation of the marketing team (including contractors) and prioritizes workflow.
• Develops high-level project plans and timelines.
• Responsible for the implementation/execution of brand strategies, ensuring all brand communication efforts are on-strategy and on-brand.
• Develops creative briefs and ensures alignment of marketing strategies and efforts to all affected stakeholders.
• Uses analytics to evaluate campaign effectiveness and enhance future programs.
• Demonstrates passion for the Pilchuck mission through communication, vision, teamwork, and commitment.
• Writes engaging messages, storylines, and content for a variety of communications, media and channels, including online content, email, social media, web, and collateral to grow awareness and drive growth for Pilchuck.
• Effectively manages relationships with outside agencies and consultants in support of the marketing and communications strategy.
• Drives social media engagement with Pilchuck through the development of social media strategies and management of the social channels.
• Collaborates across the organization to ensure communications are cohesive, meet Pilchuck standards and convey a consistent story to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Develops and implements the annual marketing and communication budget and manages expenses within budget.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, arts management or related field required.
• Minimum of 4 to 6 years experience in marketing and/or communications, preferably in a non-profit setting.
• Excellent writing and verbal communications skills with an ability to adjust communication for different audiences and tell a compelling story.
• Must be a resourceful, self-starter who combines a high level of initiative with strong organizational skills.
• Capability to manage multiple projects under tight and competing deadlines with the flexibility to quickly shift gears when needed.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders as well as senior leadership.
• Analytical skills and the ability to draw meaningful conclusions and recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative data.
• Experience with content management, marketing automation and email marketing systems required. Proficiency with Raisers Edge a plus.
• Knowledge of digital communications and design, and experience creating both print and digital collateral.
• Knowledge of and experience using social media.
• Ability to professionally manage press relations and other outside partnerships and resources.
Email, fax, or mail resume with cover letter describing your interest in the position to email@example.com Subject: “Marketing Manager, Your Name” Be sure to label all your files with your name.
Arts-Related, Craft, Non-Profit Orgs.