Amazon Artists in Residence 2020 / Residencies
Amazon’s Artist in Residence program returns with the third annual call for artists. Selected artists will work at the Amazon, Seattle-area, South Lake Union Headquarters in an on-site art studio.
There is a total of 4 residencies available in ten week increments, with the first residency starting as early as February 1, 2020.
- Artists are required to work in the on-site art studio for a minimum of 16 hours per week during business hours for the duration of the ten week residency. Artists will be available for questions by employees about their process while they work.
- Artists will offer one Artist Lecture for Amazon employees to learn more about their art and host one Workshop during the residency.
- Artists will create one artwork, at the artist’s selection, which will be included in the corporate campus art collection upon completion of the residency.
- Artists will provide their own art supplies.
- Artists are encouraged to create additional work and install for public display within the art studio for the duration of the residency.
- Amazon reserves the right to photograph the artist at work and all works created and installed in the art studio for promotional purposes.
Artist Fee: $15,000, inclusive of artist expenses and one mutually agreed upon artwork.
Greater Pacific Northwest residents over 18 years of age, creating original works. Artists may NOT be enrolled in a program of study within an academic institution during the time of the residency. No housing will be provided for this residency.
Deadline: August 22, 2019.
Apply through Submittable
Stay Up to Date
Artist Trust works hard to to serve thousands of individual artists across Washington State each year, but we can't do it without you! Explore ways you can support artists like year-round.