Stage Manager for On the Edge 2 / Employment
May 28, 2023
Organization Name: On the Edge 2: Second International Latinx Performance Art Festival
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Calls & Submissions
On the Edge 2: Second International Latinx Performance Art Festival is seeking an Event Organizer/Stage Manager to assist with the planning, scheduling, and production of a 3-day performance art festival to be held at King Street Station on October 5,6,7 of 2023, with support from the Office of Arts & Culture Seattle, 4Culture, La Sala, and more.
This is a fun, DIY spirit festival looking for someone with a passion for experimental performance art! On the Edge 2 consists of approximately 10 artists who will perform at King Street Station, a large, multi-use art space in Pioneer Square. Participating artists, budget, to-do list, and general communication templates are already pre-prepared – we need someone organized and flexible who can jump in and assist our small team in keeping on schedule.
Most of this work will be virtual (email and Zoom), with in-person assistance needed during one tech rehearsal (TBD in September) and the festival on October 5-7. Open to all levels of experience – students and graduate students welcome to apply.
– Assist the festival curator and admin with communications to 10 artists regarding their performances and needs.
– Assist the curator and admin in creating the final line-up of performances for two performance days and one day of artist talks/panel discussion.
– Communicate with performers regarding instructions/restrictions to their staging.
– Assist curator and admin with plans regarding how to stage King Street Station, a non-traditional space, for performances.
– Maintain communications with venue contact at King Street Station.
– General management of the stage/performers on Oct 5 and 7 (performance days). Attendance on Oct 6 (artist talk/panel discussion day) is welcome but not required.
Approximate hours: 30 hours over 4 months
Contract dates: June 1 – October 10, 2023.
Please send a letter of interest and bio/resume to email@example.com by MAY 28th.
EmploymentFree To ApplySeattleStipendTemporary