Themed Online Exhibition Open Call / Calls & Submissions
May 15, 2020
Organization Name: Independent & Image Art Space
Organization Location: Chongqing, CHN
Type: Calls & Submissions
Exhibition theme: Re-see
In a certain sense, art calls on people to “re-see” constantly. The masterpieces of art in the museum attract generation to generation of viewers to appreciate and taste them again and again. They are mirrors for people understanding the past. For artists, artistic creation is also some kind of “re-see”. Learn mature art skills and integrate them into your own creation; get creative inspiration from the works of previous art masters; transform your personal experience, memory, etc. into artworks; express your personal reflection about history, present, and future in an artistic language… Of course, there are many ways to “re-see”.
For artists, to “re-see” doesn’t mean to follow the old rules. They often propose new readings and interpretations in the current cultural context. If there are no old things, how can the new things come. If one doesn’t know the “old”, how can he/she discover the “new”. “Re-see” is to look back, but also to start off; it is about looking at the past, but more about looking into the future with new dimensions and perspectives.
Exhibition period (dates to be determined): June – July, 2020
Application deadline: May 15, 2020
Eligible application: there is no limit on the art medium, size, year of production, artist age or nationality, but the proposed works should response to the exhibition theme “Re-see”.
The selected artists will win:
– Chinese-English bilingual online exhibition at our website: https://independentimage.org/
– Showcase the selected works on internationally influential art platform: ARTSY and ARTLAND
– Chinese-English bilingual promotion on popular Chinese social media: WeChat Public Account and Art Express App, on art platform: ARTSY Article, and on international social media Instagram, Twitter, Facebook;
– Email campaigns sending to our art collectors, introducing your artworks to Chinese art market;
– An interview with the artist, discovering stories behind the creation. The interview will be published on our promotional channels;
– Priority to our further events, including offline exhibitions in our Chongqing space, art projects, art fairs in China and internationally and other art events.
Application fee: 50 USD
Payment method: PayPal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send the following materials in a ZIP file to email@example.com, subject line “Open Call – Re-see”
– 3- 7 work images, JEPG, 300dpi, no larger than 5MB. Please provide the work information, including title, material, size, year of production, edition (if applicable).
– Artist CV;
– Artist statement, please explain how your works are related to the theme “Re-see”;
– payment receipt.
About Independent & Image Art Space
Founded in 2008, Independent & Image Art Space is located in 501 Art Base, which is the most important art zone in Chongqing, next door to one of China’s top art university — Sichuan Fine Arts Institute.
Independent & Image Art Space has been paying close attention to the development of Chinese and international contemporary art. With an open attitude towards the global art scene and unique art vision, Independent & Image Art Space endeavors to participate in the practices of Chinese contemporary art development, especially to improve a deeper understanding of contemporary art in our society.
During the years, we have held numerous solo and group exhibitions for our artists as well as international cultural exchange events, displaying the artworks of photography, painting, sculpture, installation, new media art, etc. We present during the exhibitions related thematic lectures, seminars and workshops.
Calls & SubmissionsCalls And SubmissionsCalls For ArtistsInternational