10×10: A Riot of Color / Calls & Submissions
August 31, 2021
Organization Name: The Confluence Gallery
Organization Location: Twisp, WA
Type: Calls & Submissions
We invite you to contribute to our exhibit 10×10: A Riot of Color holiday gift show at The Confluence in Twisp, WA. The show will open on November 20 and will run through January 8, 2022.
This Open Call exhibit will feature color. After isolation, does color play a more important role in our lives? Do different colors bring about different reactions? What things, places, scenes, emotions, feelings, thoughts, assumptions, and surprises are evoked with each color of the rainbow? We invite you to explore and play with any color in our world in small works for our holiday gift show. We challenge you to work in predominantly monochromatic hues, shades, and tones to explore one color at a time (at least 90% of one color hue, such as shades or tones of reds, for example). Any color of the rainbow including black, white, and earth tones is acceptable.
Collectively, let’s start a riot…of color!
Number of pieces to submit: up to 5 pieces. For example, you can create up to 5 pieces in 5 different colors as long as each individual piece is a single color hue – email me if you have questions.
Here are the rules. Each piece must be:
* At least 90% of one hue — tones and shades of a hue are acceptable and encouraged!
* 10” x 10” or smaller — including frame (if 3D, no dimension larger than 10”).
* $300 and under — nothing over $300.
* Your own original work.
* Any and all mediums.
* Available for sale.
* Created in the last 3 years.
* Never previously been shown in The Confluence.
* Ready for hanging with appropriate hardware/wire secured to work (works without hanging hardware will not be hung).
*** NOTE: Please no diptychs or triptychs unless together they measure no larger than 10”x10” and are in the same color.
Please note the curator(s) have the right to refuse work, even after work is delivered to the gallery if it does not contribute to the direction, cohesiveness, or available space of the show. We are looking for high-quality execution and thoughtful content that contribute to the vision of the show as stated above.
* Email Intent to Submit Form to email@example.com by August 31.
* Email high-quality JPGs (300 dpi) of accepted work or work in progress to firstname.lastname@example.org for promotional materials by October 20.
* Completed works, The Confluence Contract, Inventory Sheet, Artist Statement, and Bio to The Confluence or email@example.com by November 13.
* The show opens on November 20 — all artists are encouraged to attend!
* The show closes on January 8, 2022. Work is available for pick up on Sunday, January 8 from 10 am-noon or Monday, January 9 from 10 am-noon, or by special arrangement with The Confluence.
The Confluence is a non-profit gallery. All shipping costs to and from the gallery of unsold works are each artist’s responsibility. See The Confluence Shipping Procedures form for details.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call The Confluence at (509) 997-2787 if you have any questions about the show or the requirements. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Joanne Marracci, Curator
Kaileah Akker, Executive Director
CallsCalls & SubmissionsExhibitionRiot Of ColorThe Confluence