2021 CoCA Call to Action: JIM CROW MUST GO! / Calls & Submissions
May 7, 2021
Organization Name: Center on Contemporary Art (CoCA Seattle)
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Calls & Submissions
CoCA Seattle serves the Pacific Northwest as a catalyst and forum for the advancement, development, and understanding of Contemporary Art.
We amplify important voices, including underrepresented artists, by forging critical art opportunities that promote just societal advocacy through the arts.
– Is a collection of art with an observational, political or arts-focused lens about the new voter suppression/Jim Crow Laws
– Will be composed of works submitted to CoCA by grassroots artists
– Is a call to artists to respond to the question below with new art.
Artists’ Call Question
“How can those who do not ascribe to white supremacy and dominator culture stop JIM CROW laws?”
Artists’ Submission Call
– In response to the above question, show the world your feelings and thoughts in a poster
– Each artist may submit one (1) new work for consideration by CoCA
– All artists of voting age in their jurisdiction and ‘supporting the question’ are eligible to submit
Additional details on the CoCA website.
All DisciplinesCalls & SubmissionsCalls And SubmissionsCalls For ArtistsVisual