2021 Grant / Funding
January 28, 2021
Organization Name: Edmonds Arts Commission
Organization Location: Edmonds, WA
The City of Edmonds Arts Commission has funding available for one-time grant to individual artists, emerging artists, and other organizations seeking to support creativity, diversity, and access to arts in our community. Applications in the literary, visual and performing arts will be considered.
Funding Amount: A total of $5,000 is available in 2021. Grants of $100 to $1,000 will be awarded to eligible recipients through a competitive application process. Awards are reimbursable with required documentation of expenses. Up-front disbursement requests will be considered for up to 25% of the funding, dependent on circumstances and at the discretion of the selection committee. The City is not obligated to award all of the available funds and reserves the right to not award any of the funds.
Eligibility: Arts based projects should support creativity, diversity, and access to arts in Edmonds through efforts in the literary, visual and performing arts. Applicants must be residents of Edmonds or an organization based in Edmonds.
Application and Review Process: Two options are available for application to the Small Grant:
1. Complete application form and email. Application here: pdf2021_Small_Grant_App.pdf
2. Apply online via Submittable (signing up for a free account is required):
Applications are due on January 28, 2021. Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee of the Arts Commission and a member of the City of Edmonds Diversity Commission. Priority will be given to projects which are family appropriate and enhance access to arts in the community. Applicants will be notified by February 8, 2021. Projects must be completed by December 31, 2021. A short final report will be required.
Grant recipients will be required to complete the following to receive funding (this information will be included with award notifications).
– Submit a current W-9 form with the Applicant’s Taxpayer Identification Number (either an individual social security number or an employer identification number).
– Sign a contractual agreement to indemnify the City against all liability and indicate applicant’s full acceptance and assumption of responsibility for all federal, state, local, and venue legal responsibilities related to the project included but not limited to liability insurance, workers’ comp insurance, permits, and taxes.
– Include the Edmonds Arts Commission and City logo on all related promotional materials produced after award notification date. Acknowledge EAC funding at any project in-person or virtual events.
– Complete online final report (including submitting at least five high-resolution digital photos or approved equivalent).