2022 Newcastle Commons Art Walk / Calls & Submissions
June 5, 2022
Organization Name: Newcastle Arts Council
Organization Location: Newcastle, WA
Type: Calls & Submissions
Calling all artists!
2nd Annual Newcastle Commons Art Walk
July 23, 2022
Newcastle Arts Council in partnership with Avalon Newcastle Commons and Bishops Newcastle is organizing an art fair to be held at Avalon Newcastle Commons on Saturday, July 23, 2022. The mission of Newcastle Arts Council is to promote, support, and encourage the arts in the local Newcastle area as the organization works toward Making the Arts Come Alive in Newcastle.
As we navigate out of the pandemic we are excited again to offer opportunities to showcase the great creativity of artists in our community and provide an avenue for artists to receive the economic benefit of being able to sell items to the public at an organized event in our area.
If you would like to participate in this event with a booth space, download and submit a form that can be found on the Newcastle Arts Council website at newcastlewaarts.org.
Submissions should be sent to the Newcastle Arts Council e-mail address at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information is provided below about this opportunity. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
• Date of event: Saturday, July 23, 2022
• Hours of operation will be from 10:00am to 7:00pm. Artists will be allowed to set up their space starting at 8:00am in the morning and should be ready to go no later than 30 minutes from the opening of this event (9:30am). Artists are further expected to remain until the event closes.
• Location – Courtyards and sidewalks at Newcastle Commons in Newcastle, WA surrounding the corners of Newcastle Commons Drive and 134th Place SE. There will be a check in table near the Avalon Newcastle Commons Leasing Office on Newcastle Commons Drive near the North Lawn for check-in. Parking is limited so please plan to arrive early to offload your items. Temporary parking for artists to use for offloading will be available along 134th Place SE in the loading zones. After you have offloaded your items, a temporary parking pass will be provided to you for free parking on P1 of the parking garage. The parking garage entrance is located on 132nd Place SE.
• Participating artists will be provided with a 10X10 space on the sidewalk to showcase their artwork. The location will be determined by the committee, and it cannot be changed. You are responsible for bringing your own display materials, tables, tents, etc. Booth spaces do not include power. Each vendor is responsible for keeping their 10×10 space and surrounding area free of trip/slip hazards.
• Food will be available on-site for purchase.
• There is no cost to participate in this event. However, Newcastle Arts Council is a 501c3 and would gladly appreciate your donations so we can continue to provide for these events and activities in our community.
• Health requirements – COVID requirements will be monitored leading up to the event and will be in line with other markets in which you may be participating and are subject to change based on changes from state, county and local health departments. We ask that you have available hand sanitizer at your booth.
• You are responsible for your sales transactions and reporting of those transactions for tax purposes. The City of Newcastle is not requiring art vendors to have a business license specific for this event.
• Final determination of participation is at the discretion of Newcastle Arts Council.
We are extremely excited about this opportunity to support our local artists. Since this is only the second year this event is being put on, we hope you will be flexible and patient with event planning and logistics.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the arts helping us in Making the Arts Come Alive in Newcastle.
2022 Newcastle Commons Art Walk Committee
Calls & SubmissionsNewcastle