Seeks Interim PATP Coordinator / Employment
January 1, 1970
Organization Name: Seattle REP
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Seattle Rep is committed to producing the highest quality programming and we believe that our ability to contribute to excellence in the arts depends on building a community whose members come from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences.
We are part of a growing movement in theater to ensure inclusion of those who have been excluded historically; focusing particularly on racial and ethnic groups, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities and women, ensuring they are at the decision making table, reflected in our programming, and represented on our staff.
Position Title: Interim PATP Coordinator
Department: Arts Engagement
Supervisor: Director of Arts Engagement
Classification: Part-time, 10-hours per week; interim role anticipated to be 6-9 months
Pay rate: $16.00 – $18.00 / hour
Seattle Rep Mission
Seattle Rep collaborates with extraordinary artists to create productions and programs that reflect and elevate the diverse culture, perspectives, and life experiences of our region.
Seattle Rep Vision
Theater at the heart of public life.
Seattle Rep Values
Artistic Vitality, Sustainability, Generous and Inclusive Practices
The PATP Coordinator ensures regular communication with a class of five interns and five apprentices. The interns and apprentices are young adults, often college graduates, who gain professional hands-on experience at Seattle Rep. This position is the point-person for the class and their supervisors. They schedule weekly seminars, each featuring a different department at Seattle Rep, to give the class regular educational opportunities. The PATP Coordinator also helps ensure that the class feels like an ensemble, scheduling regular socializing and feedback opportunities for the interns and apprentices.
Oversee Professional Arts Training Program (PATP)
• Coordinates with HR, Finance and Operations to ensure the 2019-20 class of interns and apprentices are set up properly in Seattle Rep systems
• Observes all interns and apprentices at work and conducts entry, mid-season, and exit interviews with each
• Schedules and coordinates season-long curriculum and related activities for this group of developing professionals working across disciplines, including orientation, on-going self-assessment practices, cohort outings and celebrations
• Works with the Director of Arts Engagement to coach staff supervisors on mentorship and/or teaching methodology, with a focus on creating learning opportunities and hands-on experiences specific to each internship and apprenticeship
• Leads weekly seminars and manages the scheduling of guest speakers
• Supervises the PATP Recruiter in recruitment and application process for the next year’s intern and apprentice class
• Coordinates with SRO (Seattle Repertory Organization’s “Intern Angels”) and Rep intern/apprentice relations
• Maintains a national alumni network of Seattle Rep interns and apprentices
• Facilitates communication between interns, apprentices and Seattle Rep staff and affiliates, including volunteer housing providers
Serve as an essential contributor to Seattle Rep’s culture and success
• Add constructively to the collaborative and collegial health of the organization
• Add actively and constructively to the EDI (equity, diversity & inclusion) work of the organization, including attending all-staff training sessions
• Engage with and strive to embody Seattle Rep’s mission, vision, and values in all aspects of work
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Well-organized, flexible, able to prioritize multiple tasks
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Strong organization and collaboration skills
• Previous experience working with interns, volunteers, or groups of young adults preferred
• Previous administrative experience preferred
• A commitment to equity, inclusion, diversity, and justice
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 professional references to the e-mail or postal address below. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Write in the email subject line: “Interim PATP Coordinator”
You may also mail application materials to:
Attention: Human Resources
155 Mercer Street, PO Box 900923
Seattle, WA 98109
Application Deadline: open until filled
Start Date: as soon after as practical