Administrative Assistant – Department of Fine Arts / Employment
July 17, 2022
Organization Name: Washington State University
Organization Location: Pullman, WA
Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: WSU PULLMAN CAMPUS, Pullman, WA
Area/College: College of Arts and Sciences
Department Name: Fine Arts
Department Link: finearts.wsu.edu/
Summary of Duties:
The Administrative Assistant position is responsible for performing a variety of complex clerical projects and assignments in support of the Department of Fine Arts at Washington State University. The duties of this position include but are not limited to: organizing and managing all aspects of academic courses (schedule courses, ensure Instructors and TA assignments are scheduled and have Canvas access, add/drop students from courses, room assignments for courses, oversee course evaluations and manage textbook orders); assisting in the coordination of the graduate program (admissions, provide guidance to students, schedule master’s exams and MFA defenses, collect data and compile for annual review, and point of reference for Graduate School paperwork and deadlines); coordinating gallery spaces and visiting artist program; coordinating undergraduate and graduate scholarship and award applications.
* One year of experience as an Administrative Assistant 1 OR a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, or closely allied field and two years of responsible office experience at the senior clerical level or higher.
* Clerical or office work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis. Graduate study may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
* Two years of full-time experience working in student records/services.
* Customer service experience.
* Demonstrated strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
* Experience with WSU student information systems such as MyWSU or equivalent.
* Knowledge of admissions and degree requirements.
* Understanding of, and ability to apply, WSU policies and procedures as related to student records and graduate degree program requirements.
* Familiarity with WSU mainframe applications including electronic application processing.
* Ability to create and maintain an electronic graduate student file system.
* More than two years of experience working in a higher education environment.
* Familiarity with Fine Arts: MFA program
Monthly Salary: Range 37, $3,024 – $3,915 – Successful candidates typically begin at the beginning of the salary range and receive scheduled salary increment increases in accordance with WAC 357-28.
Time Type: Full time, 12 month. This is a permanent position.
Screening Begin Date: This position will begin screening on July 18, 2022 and will remain open until a successful candidate has been identified.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.