Seeks Administrative Assistant / Employment
Who we are:
The Glass Art Society is an international non-profit membership organization founded in 1971 whose purpose is to encourage excellence, to advance education, to promote the appreciation and development of the glass arts, and to support the worldwide community of artists who work with glass. The Society strives to stimulate communication among artists, educators, students, collectors, gallery and museum personnel, art critics, manufacturers, and all others interested in and involved with the production, technology, and aesthetics of glass. We are dedicated to creating greater public awareness and appreciation of the glass arts.
This position is 24 hrs/week (additional hours around the conference) and reports to the Operations & Program Manager.
• Assist managers in collecting and compiling data, preparing mailing lists, and pulling reports
• Maintain all Board documents (votes, lists, contact info, etc.), and assist Executive Director to create monthly Board packet
• Act as “first responder” to incoming phone calls and emails; check GAS voicemails and handle or forward as appropriate
• Update outgoing voicemail message and out of office communications for the organization
• Order office supplies as needed
• Manage incoming mail; monitor and maintain postage meter; expedite all outgoing shipments; stuff and mail correspondence
• Organize and maintain electronic office filing system
• Create and maintain an office procedures manual
• Work with the Development & Membership Manager to ensure timely and accurate processing and acknowledgement of all donations and memberships
• Work with the Development & Membership Manager to maintain the membership directory
• Oversee office organization, storage, supplies, and inventory
• Assist with social media management
• Other duties as assigned
• Some travel as needed
We’re looking for someone who is:
• Obsessively organized with a strong attention to detail
• A “people person” that is excited to be part of the GAS team
• A self-starter that takes strong initiative
• Collaborative in working with staff, Board, and community partners
• Flexible in responding to and working with shifting priorities of cyclical projects
• Committed to an “all-hands-on-deck” way of working, especially during conference season (this includes but is not limited to helping answer phone calls, assisting with inquiries about navigating and using the website, helping with conference registration, and traveling to/participating in the management of the conference)
• An independent worker but can also work well as part of a team in an often fast-paced, non-profit environment
• Experienced with visual arts organizations (glass experience is a plus!)
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
• Associate’s degree or equivalent education/experience
• Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, electronic
• Proficiency with Adobe, Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, and other online applications
• Experience working with a membership and/or donor database
• Graphic design skills and social media proficiency are a bonus!
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
The Glass Art Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer, encouraging and supporting diversity of glass art, artists, and employees.
Stay Up to Date
Artist Trust works hard to to serve thousands of individual artists across Washington State each year, but we can't do it without you! Explore ways you can support artists like year-round.