Administrative Associate / Employment
October 3, 2022
Organization Name: Photographic Center Northwest
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Administrative Associate | Job Description
Photographic Center Northwest (PCNW) is an education institution teaching people how to see. Through our 53-credit Certificate Program, classes and workshops, free exhibitions and public programs, and publicly accessible photographic facilities we teach the history and future of photography. Learn more about PCNW at www.pcnw.org.
PCNW is hiring for an Administrative Associate to serve in front desk administration and as support to other PCNW staff and faculty. We are looking for a highly responsible, detail-oriented, organized individual who is great with people. This individual presents as the “face” of our organization, being the first point of contact with PCNW for many. Responsibilities range from registering students for classes to processing memberships to answering questions and providing information about our exhibitions. We seek someone who is positive, proactive, detail-oriented, outgoing, and is effective working independently and as part of a team. The ideal candidate has customer service experience, is organized, and is comfortable speaking with our community members—from volunteers to major donors. NOTE: In compliance with Washington State guidelines for institutions of higher education, all staff, faculty and students must be vaccinated for COVID-19. This may change with changes in Washington State mandates and guidelines.
Essential Job Duties
– Provide excellent customer service
– Orient visitors to PCNW and to current gallery exhibitions
– Promote and transact gallery sales, membership, facility rental and class/workshop registration
– Maintain consistent communication with other front desk staff and program staff to ensure our programs and facilities are running smoothly
– Opening and Closing duties, including reconciling the till and compiling deposits
– Manage a multi-line phone system and respond to messages in a timely and friendly manner
– Accurate use of our POS / QuickBooks system, including cash and credit card transactions
– Assist clients and students with questions about our facilities (darkroom, studio and digital labs) and programs
– Enforce safety and other rules and regulations
– General light cleaning and organization of office areas
– Customer service experience
– Experience with a POS system, QuickBooks and/or handling financial transactions
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel) and basic data entry
– Experience working effectively in positions requiring multi-tasking and good organization skills
– Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
– It is essential that the person in this role is reliable: a dedication to being on time, present during shifts, and completing the job requirements
– Ability to accomplish the physical aspects of the position, which may include lifting up to 50lbs, standing and sitting for long periods, climbing ladders, and cleaning.
– Minimum one year of administrative experience, but willing to train the right person
– Familiarity with Google Suite (i.e. Gmail, Drive, Google Docs)
– Enthusiasm for a fast paced work environment and troubleshooting
– Willingness to market and promote PCNW and our programs
– Comfortable with approaching and welcoming visitors, and being outgoing with assisting others
– Self motivated with a positive attitude and openness to helping other team members
Hourly Rate: $17.27
Weekly: 20 hours; mix of weekday (Monday – Thursday) and weekend (Saturday – Sunday) shifts. PCNW is open to the public Monday–Thursday 12-9pm, Saturday and Sunday 12-6pm. We do our best to coordinate and maintain as consistent a schedule as possible, and will discuss options during the hiring process. Some flexibility is required.
PCNW provides majority employer-paid health insurance, plus vision and dental, generous paid time off, and holidays after a 90-day trial period. Other benefits include: free use of PCNW facilities; free tuition in classes and workshops; discounts on gallery purchases, and a parking pass.
Preferred start date: November 1, 2022 with potential for training to begin the week prior.
Reports to: Registrar
Apply | Priority Deadline: October 3, 2022
Applications accepted until position is filled, with priority consideration given to those received by October 3, 2022. Send your cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Administrative Associate Position at PCNW”. Please no phone calls or other inquiries. We will be in touch if we are interested in scheduling an interview.
Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ identifying individuals are encouraged to apply. PCNW is an equal opportunity employer. PCNW does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, political orientation, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.