Administrative Coordinator at Pilchuck / Employment
February 28, 2023
Organization Name: Pilchuck Glass School
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Deadline to Apply: February 28, 2023 (Interviews will begin February 15, 2023)
About Pilchuck Glass School:
Pilchuck Glass School is an international center for glass art education. Our serene campus in Stanwood, Washington, is nestled in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains amidst a working tree farm.
From May through September every year, Pilchuck’s Summer + Fall Program offers a series of courses as well as residencies for established artists in all media. Summer sessions vary in length and offer concurrent courses in a variety of glass working processes for artists of all skill levels. Small classes taught by world-renowned artists and instructors emphasize experimentation and teamwork while fostering individual initiative and expression. Pilchuck also offers residencies for both emerging and established artists during the Fall and Spring.
About the Position
Reports to: Executive Director
The Administrative Coordinator position provides an array of administrative and support activities to the Executive Director and the broader team at Pilchuck Glass School. This position is based in the Seattle office with occasional travel to campus in Stanwood, WA, as well as to board meetings, and donor cultivation events. The Administrative Coordinator position requires skills of collaboration, high attention to detail, organization, strong communication, outgoing nature, and flexibility to assume a range of activities.
This is a part-time hourly position with an estimated average of 20 – 25 hours per week. Compensation will range from $20 – $25 per hour (DOE). The position accrues paid vacation and sick time.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Provides support to the Executive Director including preparation of written correspondence and reports, project research and updates, printing, and mailing activities
• Maintains the Executive Director’s calendar including scheduling, arranging meetings, and overseeing planning, arranging travel itineraries, and organizing documents for business trips
• Acts as main point of contact for trustees’ communications and logistics including:
o Maintaining rosters and mailing list for Board of Trustees, Board Committees, and International Council
o Arranging quarterly board meetings, attending, taking notes, organizing other logistics
o Maintaining corporate records for agendas, notices, minutes, and other documents
o Managing our board portal, Govenda, for logistics and record keeping
• Provides administrative support including:
o Purchasing office supplies and managing those vendor relationships
o Troubleshooting office equipment including postage meter, copier, phone system, and audio/visual tools used for meetings
o Notifying the landlord of office issues and following up on resolution
o Ensuring record retention policies are followed regarding all office records (paper and electronic)
o Maintain calendar of events for the organization
• Undertakes other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Deputy Director
• Skilled at prioritizing and managing multiple work streams simultaneously while meeting critical deadlines
• Highly organized, detailed self-starter who can work independently, as well as collaborate with internal partners
• Takes initiative to support the changing needs of Pilchuck Glass School, adaptability, and nimbleness to assess new information, adjust appropriately, and chart new courses is required.
• Ability to assess the urgency of situations and respond accordingly either asking for direction or taking charge as warranted
• Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s Degree or experience equivalent
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative support role
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Preferred general office experience in a non-profit setting and interacting with broad communities
• Experience with Microsoft-based applications and general knowledge of PC functions, including intermediate level ability with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Experience in Raisers Edge is desired
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs
• Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly with fellow staff, board members, trustees, and visitors
• The ability to walk, ascend and descend stairs and ramps on campus
• The ability to periodically travel to our Stanwood campus (one hour north of Seattle)
Pilchuck Glass School is committed to inclusion and equal opportunity
Pilchuck Glass School is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an including environment for all employees and participants. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Pilchuck encourages all interested persons to apply regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, political ideology, or other protected class.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by February 28, 2023. Interviews will be scheduled beginning on February 15. Email resume, cover letter addressing relevant experience and the contact information for three references to Donna Davies, Deputy Director, at email@example.com. The email subject line should say “Administrative Coordinator, [last name]”. All attached files must include a label with your last name.
EmploymentFree To ApplyPTESeattle