Art in the Park / Calls & Submissions
June 1, 2021
Organization Name: Friends of Lake Sammamish State Park
Organization Location: Issaquah, WA
Type: Calls & Submissions
Artists are invited to submit proposals for a temporary sculpture exhibit at Lake Sammamish State Park in Issaquah, WA. This is an exhibit celebrating art in a natural setting. This exhibit is intended to provide visitors a unique opportunity to engage with art outdoors.
• Sculptures are three dimensional and should fit into the natural beauty of the park.
• Project proposals must be original to the artist, although this can include existing work(s) by the artist.
• Artwork must be waterproof and weatherproof. The sculptures will remain in place outside over four weeks and installations must be able to remain installed throughout the entire exhibition.
• Artists are required to visit the event site prior to submission
• Artwork must have no lasting physical impact on the site, leaving “no trace.”
• Artwork must be family-friendly
• Artist proposals will be chosen through an artist selection panel process.
• Artist is responsible for all installation and de-installation needs.
BUDGET & RECOGNITION
• Awards will be a grant up to $2,000.
• Please include a budget narrative with your proposal detailing your requested amount. (Please include any secured matching funds for this installation.)
• Selected artists’ names will be listed on promotional/outreach materials.
Submission deadline: June 1, 2021 by Midnight
Selection announcement: Friday, June 7, 2020
Artist 60% Design check-in: July 15 Installation: August 12 (installation complete by Noon on the 12)
Deinstallation: September 15, 2021
All DisciplinesCalls & SubmissionsCalls And SubmissionsCalls For ArtistsPublic Art