Art Non-Profit Seeks Volunteer Board Member / Volunteering
WA State non-profit, Art Vault Seattle, is seeking a Secretary to join the Executive Board team. Art Vault is an organization that exists to support BIPOC artists and strengthen the BIPOC community in the Seattle and greater PNW and beyond. We do this by providing art supplies, space, and community. At the heart, and largest aspect of our operation, is providing BIPOC creatives with free art supplies.
The Secretary is responsible for:
· Keeping minutes during meetings
· Keeping up with emails that come through our main email account
· Responding to online inquiries for artists seeking art supplies
· Responding to online inquiries for art supply donations
· Checking in with all committees on a weekly basis to ensure everything is running smoothly and everyone has what they need
· Assisting other Board members with miscellaneous responsibilities
The ideal candidate for this position:
· Has excellent organizational, technical, and people skills
· Has flexible availability (ideally 10 hours a week) to devote to responsibilities
· Has some experience working in non-profits (not a requirement but a plus!)
· And most importantly, believes in Art Vault’s mission, and equity for Black, Indigenous, and all people of color
We are a group of dope and diverse individuals with a common goal: to assist BIPOC creatives so they can continue creating. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send us an email with a bit about yourself, your experience, and why you think you’d be a great asset to the team!
If you’re interested in volunteering but don’t have availability to join the executive team, we are always seeking help in many other capacities. Please feel free to send us a message!