ArtsWA, Olympia / 2019-2020 TAT Lab / Call for Teaching Artists
July 12, 2019
Organization Name: Artist Trust
Organization Location: Artist Trust
We are now accepting applications for the ninth year of the Washington State Teaching Artist Training Lab, a seven-month professional development program for teaching artists working in all artistic disciplines and in all regions across Washington State. TAT Lab focuses on arts education in K-12 schools, working to ensure all students receive high quality arts instruction. Apply by June 12th for our Early Bird Discount, or by July 11th for the regular tuition fee. Financial Aid is available, and Teaching Artists from outside King County qualify for lodging and travel reimbursement. TAT Lab seeks a cohort with geographic, gender, racial/ethnic, and artistic diversity; teaching artists outside the Puget Sound region and teaching artists of color are encouraged to apply.
The program runs September – March. Participant responsibilities include:
– Attendance at 3 in-person trainings lasting 2-3 days and taking place in Seattle
– Participation in monthly teleconferences for small group learning
– Complete readings and assignments following given deadlines
– Teach at least one workshop or residency between December and February.
– Attendance at all in-person sessions and teleconferences is mandatory.