Block Paper Stone: A Printmaking Party / Calls & Submissions
April 22, 2023
Organization Name: The Confluence: Art in Twisp
Organization Location: Twisp, WA
Type: Calls & Submissions
We invite you to contribute to our exhibit Block, Paper, Stone: A Printmaking Party at the Confluence Gallery in Twisp, WA. The show will open on 7-22-23 and will run through 8-26-23.
Printmaking comes in many forms and in this exhibit, we will attempt to celebrate them all! Monoprints or multiples, traditional or contemporary, fancy press or wooden spoon – show us your printmakers hand and what happens when you pull a print. Come join the party! This exhibit is an invitation to both the experienced printmakers and artists working in other disciplines wanting to cross over and experiment. We welcome submissions that both align with the traditional modes of printmaking or take a fresh new look at what can happen when an image is multiplied by whatever process and medium you can imagine. Thank you in advance for your timely adherence to the schedule below.
Number of pieces to submit: 3
Here are the rules- Each piece must be:
– Your own original work.
– Available for sale.
-Created in the last 3 years.
– Never previously shown at The Confluence.
– Any Medium
– Ready for hanging with appropriate hardware/wire secured to work (works without hanging hardware will not be hung) Please note the curator(s) have the right to refuse work , even after work is delivered to the gallery, if it does not contribute to the direction, cohesiveness, or available space of the show. We are looking for high quality execution and thoughtful content that contribute to the vision of the show as stated above.
– Intent to Submit and digital samples of work or website by 4-22-23 email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include show name in the subject line of the email
– Images (Jpeg preferred) of accepted work or work in progress by 6-22-23
◦ (email to email@example.com 300 dpi jpg format for promotional materials).
– Pieces and Paperwork by 7-15-23 this includes
o Completed works
o Inventory Form
o Confluence Gallery Contract
o Artist Statement
– Show Opening 7-22-23
– Show Closes 8-26-23
◦ Work will be available for pick up Sunday or Monday following the closing date 10am-noon. Please contact gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org if other arrangements need to be made beyond those dates and times.
The Confluence is a non-profit gallery. All shipping costs to and from the gallery of unsold works is each artist’s responsibility. See Confluence Gallery Shipping Procedures form for details at www.confluencegallery.org/artists/call-to-artists-main-gallery . Please email email@example.com or call The Confluence at (509) 997-2787 if you have any questions about the show or the requirements. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Janet Fagan and Jennifer Molesworth
Calls & SubmissionsFree To ApplyThemedTwisp