Boundaries / Calls & Submissions
January 30, 2020
Organization Name: Confluence Gallery
Organization Location: Twisp, WA
Type: Calls & Submissions
We cordially invite you to contribute to our upcoming exhibit Boundaries at Confluence Gallery in Twisp, WA.
The show will open on April 18, 2020, and run through May 30, 2020.
Boundaries can be real or symbolic and can divide us or protect us. While they may be firm and impenetrable, they can also be breached – by invitation, intrusion, or invasion. They may be healthy, hurtful, protective, or oppressive. We invite artists to explore boundaries in all their manifestations – literal, figurative, geographic, personal – and to ruminate on how boundaries have protected or burdened them. We welcome all interpretations and works of art, both representational and non-representational, that encompass the serious, thoughtful, playful, and provocative.
Number of pieces to submit: Up to 4
EACH PIECE MUST BE…
Your own original work.
Available for sale.
Created in the last 3 years.
Never previously shown in the Methow Valley area.
Both 2-D and 3-D works accepted.
The Exhibit Curators have the right to refuse work, even after work is delivered to the gallery, if it does not contribute to the direction, cohesiveness, or available space of the show, or does not follow the parameters set forth above. We are looking for high-quality execution and thoughtful content that contribute to the vision of the show as stated above.
– Intent to Submit: Email Intent to Submit Form [PDF] to gallery program manager Kaileah (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, January 30.
– Email high-quality JPEGs (300dpi) of accepted work or work in progress to Kaileah by Wednesday, March 18.
– Send or deliver Artist Statement and Bio (Word doc preferred), Inventory Sheet, and Confluence Gallery Contract to Kaileah by April 11.
– All works must be at the Confluence by Saturday, April 11.
– Show Opening: Saturday, April 18, 5pm–7pm. All artists are encouraged to attend!
– Show Closes: Monday, June 1. Work will be available for pick up from 5–6:30 pm, or from 10 am–3 pm on Tuesday, June 2.
Confluence Gallery and Art Center is a non-profit gallery. All shipping arrangements and costs to and from the gallery of unsold works are each artist’s responsibility. See Confluence Gallery Shipping Procedures Form [PDF] for details.
For any questions about the show or the requirements, email Kaileah Akker (email@example.com) or call Executive Director Sarah Jo Lightner at the Confluence Gallery (509) 997-2787.
Confluence Gallery offers commission structure of 60/40 to non-member artists and 65/35 to member artists.
FAQ: More about our Confluence Submission Guidelines.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Mandy Shoger & Marcy Stamper, Exhibit Curators