The Wonders of Watercolor – Aljoya Mercer Island – AWARDS / Calls & Submissions
September 28, 2020
Organization Name: Era Living
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Calls & Submissions
Era Living CALL FOR ART
The Wonders of Watercolor – Aljoya Mercer Island
Oct 12th 2020 – Feb 14th 2021
DEADLIND September 28th 2020
NEW: Including “Residents Choice Awards”
The Wonders of Watercolor – seeking work that demonstrates the versatility and range of the watercolor medium. Subject matter wide open (but appropriate for this audience), I’m looking to focus on the technique and skill of manipulating the pigment as a fluid process.
Era Living Exhibitions – Changing times:
Art is a great connector and brings great value as it enriches our lives. Now, even more than ever, we seek to find joy in the simple things around us, which change our environment and give us different window on the world.
Era Living is committed to continue its Arts Exhibition program, to make art accessible and refresh the surroundings for its residents and staff at its retirement communities.
We have made some changes to our usual way of doing thing
– There will be pre-determined timeslots allocated for art drop off and pick up
– Art drop off / pick up will be carried out “curbside” with limited contact
– Unfortunately we cannot commit to art opening gala’s at this present time, we are finding new ways to help promote the exhibition and artists by way of social media and also short videos
– By way of appreciation to our artists, we are delighted to offer our “Residents Choice Awards”. A monitory award granted to selected artists, by our residents.
1st place $250.00 2nd place $150.00 3rd place $100.00
What hasn’t changed
– There is no submission fee.
– The artist receives 100% from sales at Era Living locations
– no commission is taken.
– Sales are made directly between you and your client.
– All artwork is insured and hung by our professorial installers.
EXHIBITION: The Wonders of Watercolor
LOCATION: Aljoya Mercer Island, 2430 76th Avenue SE. Mercer Island, WA 98040
DATES: Oct 12th – Feb 14th 2021
DEADLIND September 28th 2020
ART DROP: Sunday October 11th 2020 12:00 – 2:00 pm (allotted time slots)
PICK UP: Sunday Feb 14th 2021 12:00 – 2:00pm (allotted time slots)
Accepted work will primarily be wall hung with 2-D
· 2-D maximum size 40” height x 36” wide
· A limited number of works up to 72” wide will be considered
· 2-D works must be ready to install with a hanging wire and “D” rings – no saw tooth fixtures
· 3-D sculptural works can be displayed – both large and medium sizes
· No work previously exhibited with at this venue
· All wall hung media accepted excluding work that requires electricity
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS BELOW and SUBMIT IN ONE EMAIL WITH ATTACHMENTS:
Email submission with attachments to Anna Macrae email@example.com
Subject line: AMI – The Wonders of Watercolor submission – (your name)
Label each file according to what type of document it is:
1 / Images – Smith_Jane_title of work.jpg
Attach up to 8 jpegs of available artwork – low resolution to be viewed online only
Use the following Jpeg format instructions:
· Each Jpeg should be saved at 72 dpi
· Use maximum image size of 1200px on the longest dimension
· Limit each jpeg to a maximum file size of 2MG
· LABEL JPEG WITH YOUR NAME AND TITLE OF ART WORK for each piece
2 / Image list – Smith_Jane_image list.doc
Name, address, phone, email, website
Artwork image list with the following details for EACH jpeg. (Smith_Jane_title.doc) – NO tables please!
· Size H” x W”
· Year completed
· Price or Insurance Value if NFS (not for sale)
3 / Statements – Smith_Jane_bio. / resume./ statement doc (all in one document)
Attach resume, bio and artist statement. Please include all this information in one document, maximum pages 3. Please make sure your name is on every sheet, and you have a heading title.
I look forward to receiving your submission
Anna Macrae, Independent Curator for Era Living
Calls & SubmissionsCalls And SubmissionsCalls For ArtistsPaintingVisualWatercolor