CANVAS International Art Fair / Calls & Submissions
April 3, 2020
Organization Name: Itsliquid Group
Organization Location: London, UK
Type: Calls & Submissions
CALL FOR ARTISTS
CANVAS International Art Fair
THE LINE Gallery, London | May 07 – October 30, 2020
Deadline: April 03, 2020
CANVAS is an International Art Fair that will present collective and solo projects by leading and emerging international artists. ITSLIQUID Group, with an experience of more than 250 art exhibitions all around the world and twelve editions of international fairs, is proud to announce the debut of CANVAS – London International Art Fair that will represent a forum for direct exchange of ideas and contacts between collectors, artists, photographers, designers and art professionals, featuring paintings, sculptures, photography art, installations, video art and live performance.
CANVAS will provide artists and exhibitors with the unique opportunity to present their works to an international audience of professionals as curators, gallerists, collectors, editors and publishers who seek to acquire, publish and encourage the best contemporary art talents.
The word “canvas” was used for the first time in Italy in the 14th century and it has become the most common support medium for oil painting, replacing wooden panels. During the centuries, the canvas’ meaning has changed, starting from paintings, throught the photographic and cinematographic film, exploring the human body, to the digital world. Canvas is the creatives’ common ground, on which they can express themselves. We invite all the artists to share their personal artistic research through any kind of media, from painting to sculptures and installation, from photography to videoart and live performance.
CANVAS International Art Fair is organized by ITSLIQUID GROUP in collaboration with Mercato Metropolitano and YMX Arts, and it will be held in London at THE LINE Contemporary Art Space from May 07 to October 30, 2020. It consists of 3 main events:
– THE SKIN PROJECT from May 07 to June 19, 2020
Deadline for applications is April 03, 2020 (11.59 PM of your local time)
– OUT OF BALANCE from July 02 to August 14, 2020
Deadline for applications is May 31, 2020 (11.59 PM of your local time)
– MIXING IDENTITIES from September 03 to October 30, 2020
Deadline for applications is July 31, 2020 (11.59 PM of your local time)
Artists interested in taking part in our shows, are free to be sponsored and supported by institutions, organizations, governments and their representers; the logos of their sponsors will be included in all the communication (digital and print) of the events. Artists are free to take part in one or more events.
The participation includes the following services
– exhibition space dedicated to the artist’s works
– assisting with customs formalities, international shipping and local transport
– assisting in finding accommodation for artist
– the design and the printing of invitation cards, posters
– the global and local press office, publicity, press, banners, totem, etc.
– the realization of the exhibition website and dedicated press releases
– mounting and dismounting of the exhibition
– exhibitions opening event with drinks and food
– a one day dedicated presentation, talk or workshop focusing on the artist’s career
– a dedicated live interview on MM Radio, published also on ITSLIQUID website and spread on our social networks
– providing services and drinks for small meetings at the exhibition places for invited guests
– the publication of a printed catalogue that will include all the participants
To take part in the selection, send your works’ submissions with a CV/biography, some still images (for video-art), links of videos/films/performances and pictures of artworks by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Calls & SubmissionsCalls And SubmissionsCalls For ArtistsInternational