Capital Campaign Manager / Employment
April 30, 2022
Organization Name: Spokane Valley Performing Arts Center
Organization Location: Spokane Valley, WA
Spokane Valley Performing Arts Center (SVPAC) is recruiting for a:
Capital Campaign Manager (CCM)
The Capital Campaign Manager will provide services to ensure the success of the Spokane Valley Performing Arts Center (SVPAC) Capital Campaign, focusing on soliciting direct community donations through primarily individuals and businesses. The SVPAC is a $36M multi-use professional performing arts facility in the Mirabeau Point Place neighborhood along the Spokane River in the City of Spokane Valley.
• Experience in fund development, donor stewardship, community relations, nonprofit management, government relations, working with volunteers, and public speaking.
• Knowledge of the Inland Northwest region with an emphasis in Spokane Valley with a wide network of relationships with business, civic and nonprofit leaders.
• Performing arts background/experience or passion.
• Proven successful track record of donation solicitation.
• Coordination and execution of successful fundraising events.
• Direct reporting experience with a non-profit board of directors.
• Background in foundation grants and compliance.
• Excellent communications and negotiations skills.
Scope of Work:
♦ Advisory Council engagement
♦ Prospect research
♦ Assist Managing Director with state and local family foundation asks and grants when needed
♦ Develop key elements for the General Plan including:
♦List of prospects identified & format for evaluation.
♦Campaign development schedule of activities, goals and deadlines through
2025 with key staff – in progress
♦ Track reimbursements for business meetings and report monthly.
♦ Identify key additional community leaders as prospects or committee members.
♦ Establish and begin cultivation plan for additional donors.
♦ Maintain and expand the master prospect list for all levels of giving with key staff.
♦ Participate in all donor event activities, ground-breaking, volunteer recognition
events, opening nights of SVST shows and additional performances/donor related
♦ Send personal thank you letters to all donors and volunteers.
♦ Record of all pledge and gift summaries in donor software.
♦ Create and disperse contributor recognition thank you notes and tax letters for all
donors and naming opportunities in donor software – needs to be administered, updated and monitored weekly.
♦ Invite all contributors to a final donor recognition event.
♦ Maintain a vendor list with Managing Director (businesses and individuals).
♦ Weekly progress report meetings.
Compensation Depending on Experience (DOE) but negotiable:
Compensation is fee and bonus based. (40) hour work week, base pay per year.
Flexible and independent work-schedule. Work-from-home until completion of the facility in Spring of 2024. Upon completion of the Capital Campaign (December 31, 2025), CCM may be considered for a full-time Development, Major Gifts or other employment position within the company.
Annually renewable contract. The Capital Campaign Manager (CCM) is considered an Independent Contractor who shall perform its duties and responsibilities as an independent contractor. CCM is not eligible for any employee benefits at this time. The CCM shall be responsible and exercise in collaborations the method, manner and means of performing the scope of work with colleagues and in conjunction with the SVPAC Board of Directors.
If this CCM vision describes you, we hope you’ll apply with resume/CV and cover letter, addressing:
• A compelling, inspiring vision and sense of purpose. Speak to creative possibilities that will meet the expectations of diverse donors while driving our fundraising mission.
• Describe your strategic ability to anticipate consequences and trends. Work with the Board and Advisory Council to create breakthrough strategies and plans. How do you embrace complexity while acknowledging the uncertainties of change?
• How do you value differences, relating openly with diverse groups of people? Must be able to foster strong engagement and belonging without compromising clarity.
• Can you ensure accountability and drive results? How will you set clear objectives and measure mission success? Do you hold self and others accountable to meet commitments? Can you consistently achieves results and/or evaluate program feasibility.
• Are you widely trusted? Give examples of gaining the confidence of others through honesty and integrity. Courageously address difficult issues. Will you keep confidences, admit mistakes, and choose the high road when faced with a dilemma?
• Communicate a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
SVPAC is an equal-opportunity workplace, encouraging women, persons of color, and those with disabilities to apply. We actively embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. Applications are confidential. Background check required.
Please direct all inquiries (or send Resume/CV and cover letter) to:
Dr. Marnie Rorholm, Managing Director