Communications Designer contract position for regional arts organization / Employment
March 31, 2020
Organization Name: Artstra
Organization Location: Vancouver, WA
Are you a versatile graphic designer with a passion for the arts? Do you have both print and web design expertise and a head for communications strategy? Artstra is a small nonprofit organization advocating for the arts in Southwest Washington. We are currently seeking a senior-level designer as a part-time contractor (4–6 hrs. per week) to meet our ongoing need for graphic design and marketing communications support.
This is a unique opportunity use your skills in shaping communications across all platforms for an arts organization influencing Vancouver, Washington and the adjacent region. With Artstra having no physical office space, you will work independently from your location with direction from the Marketing Communications Manager. Occasional face-to-face meetings with the Marketing Communications Manager and Board of Directors will be required.
• Design and manage website content updates and revisions
• Post stories and announcements to social media accounts
• Design and coordinate production of printed marketing materials
• Assemble and distribute monthly e-newsletter
• Maintain an organized filing system of digital assets
• Innovate and recommend design-to-delivery process improvements
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Astute attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and find creative solutions
• High level of proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Skill and experience using WordPress content management system, web development tools, themes, and plugins (Experience with Avada theme and Fusion Builder a plus.)
• Basic experience with HTML, CSS, PHP form scripts, and SEO
• Undergraduate degree or certificate with focus on graphic design / visual communications
• Minimum of five years’ graphic design experience (digital, web, and print) in marketing communications, some agency experience preferred
• Online portfolio of work required in order to be considered for this position
If this sounds like you, email your resume, link to online portfolio, and cover letter to email@example.com.