Creative Start Mini-Lessons / Employment
May 15, 2020
Organization Name: ArtsWA
Organization Location: Olympia, WA
Type: COVID-19 | Employment
ArtsWA is currently accepting applications from teaching and working artists impacted by COVID-19.
Selected artists will produce short mini-lessons and corresponding video tutorials to support educators, parents, and caregivers working with youth (ages 3-8). Mini-lessons and video tutorials will support mindfulness, fun, and relief for early learners and their caregivers through COVID-19 related stress and beyond.
Artists will be compensated $500 to produce (1) Creative Start mini-lesson and corresponding video, with the opportunity to produce up to (3) for a total of $1,500.
The Mini-Lesson project seeks to support:
- Creative and social emotional learning for Washington’s youngest learners.
- Caregivers and educators working with youth ages 3-8.
- Artists with direct contracts as a part of COVID-19 relief efforts.
- Mindfulness, fun, and relief for early learners and their caregivers during a high stress period.
Selected teaching and working artists will produce:
- 1-3 Mini-Lesson(s): Write a mini-lesson using the Creative Start Mini-Lesson template (example and template below) and ArtsWA provided mini-lesson topics (below). Arts focus can include theater, dance, visual arts, music, literary arts, media arts, and mindfulness and observation.
- 1-3 Tutorial Video(s): Produce a corresponding Creative Start tutorial video (2-3 minutes in length) that demonstrates how to teach an art activity aligned with each submitted mini-lesson (above).
Lessons and corresponding tutorial videos will be offered as creative support to a diversity of caregivers working with early learners in any context.
EmploymentJobsJobs In The Arts