Cultural Access Program Specialist at Inspire Olympia / Employment
January 20, 2023
Organization Name: City of Olympia
Organization Location: Olympia, WA
The City of Olympia is seeking qualified individual to fill a new position as Cultural Access Program Specialist. The primary role of this position is to support planning and implementation of “Inspire Olympia,” Olympia’s new Cultural Access Program. The position will also provide support to the City’s Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC) and its associated grants program.
About Inspire Olympia: “Inspire Olympia” is a voter-approved initiative to increase public access to arts, culture, heritage, and science experiences for Olympia residents, particularly for youth and underserved groups, while strengthening our local nonprofit creative and cultural sector. The program is funded by a one-tenth of one percent sales tax in the City of Olympia that will take effect January 1, 2023.
About LTAC: The Lodging Tax is an excise (sales) tax authorized by State law in RCW 67.28, Public Stadium, Convention, Arts and Tourism Facilities. These funds are used to support facilities, festivals and events designed to attract tourism.
Ideal Candidate Profile
• Strong organizational and analytical skills, with experience in monitoring and managing grant contracts and related software systems.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal, with ability to convey complex information clearly and accurately.
• Experience in public outreach and education including marketing and advocacy.
• Builds strong working relationships with other agencies, community partners and city staff.
• Manages time and prioritizes responsibilities to perform duties with the resources available.
• Act in a responsible and respectful manner toward all members of the community.
This recruitment will remain open until filled, with applications received prior to 5pm January 20th eligible for first review.