DEAR2050: Oceans on the rise / Calls & Submissions
March 25, 2021
Organization Name: Climanosco
Organization Location: Zürich, CH
Type: Calls & Submissions
Inspire the conversation on the climate challenge with Climanosco
Climanosco’s mission is to make climate science accessible to everyone. We support researchers and citizens around the world in paraphrasing climate research so that it is readily understandable to a broad audience, and we collaborate with artists and activists who create work that inspires and elevates the conversation on climate change and related societal challenges.
Now, we are pleased to announce our second call for artists and activists in concert with our call for scientific manuscripts. We invite you to join our efforts with this year 2021 call “Oceans on the rise” around the effects of climate change on the oceans.
We welcome art works of all styles, artistic, artivist and activist initiatives, art & science collaborations and everything in between.
• The opportunity to share your art work with a new, diverse audience
• The presentation of your art work in this year’s DEAR2050 exhibition
• The sale of prints of your art work in our online shop
• The chance to have an impact on the public discourse about the climate challenge.
• The chance to win exciting prizes (jury selection)
Send us an email as soon as possible at email@example.com with:
• a description or a sketch of your project for this call;
• your portfolio or an example of your art work or activist work.
• The selection for the exhibition will be based on the submitted proposals.
By sending a notification of intent, you indicate that you commit to create a piece of art by the due date (see below) that will satisfy the following conditions:
• it is original and signed by you;
• it is specifically created for this call;
• its format reasonably allows digitalization and shipping;
• Climanosco is granted the right to produce and sell copies of the work.
After reception of all works, a jury will be elected by the Board of Directors to choose the winners and award prizes for the best works. The prizes are as follows:
1. First prize: CHF 1000
2. Second prize: CHF 500
3. Third prize: CHF 500
The deadline for finalizing works is 31 August 2021.
Please notify us of your intention to participate with your proposal as soon as possible but no later than 25 March 2021.
We will be in touch with you within a few days of receiving your proposal.
We look forward to hearing from you!
All DisciplinesCalls & SubmissionsCalls And SubmissionsCalls For ArtistsClimateClimate ChangeExhibitionMediaMultidisciplinaryVisual