Development Associate / Employment
July 11, 2020
Organization Name: Intiman Theatre
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Intiman Theatre is searching for our next Development Associate. This role will support fundraising, events and engagement at Intiman. Does your personal mission involve centering diverse stories? Do you love fundraising to support artists of all ages and backgrounds? Are you invested in creating radically inclusive and safe spaces? We would love to talk with you!
About Intiman Theatre: Intiman Theatre wrestles with American inequities. We are a 48 year old, Tony award winning, community-engaged and socially progressive theatre. We produce plays, readings, education programs and events that are engaging, relevant to our time, and as diverse as the community in which we live.
Scope of Responsibility:
– Manage Intiman’s Salesforce / Patron Manager database, keeping system up to date, including entering donations as they are received.
– Issue thank yous and tax receipts.
– Segment and pull donor lists from Salesforce / Patron Manager, working collaboratively with Development & Communications Director to identify prospects.
– Handle all administrative tasks related to the Development department, including checking the mail and processing donations, scheduling donor and committee meetings, processing receipts and reimbursements, taking minutes at meetings, etc.
– Assist with managing and planning fundraising campaigns, including digital crowdrise campaigns (SharetheLove, GiveBIG, GivingTuesday, etc.), direct mail, email, phone, etc.
– Project Manager for fundraising events, such as annual Gala, pre and post-show receptions, mixers, virtual happy hours, and other such cultivation events. Create and manage event tracking lists, guest list management, process auction item requests and issue receipts, gather supplies for events, etc.
– Manage volunteer tracking and correspondence, and assist with managing volunteers on the day of for fundraising events.
– Track and manage tiered lists of our donors and sponsors for program and website inclusion.
– Work with Grant Writer to manage grant portfolio, and coordinate with the team to compile timely reports.
– Opportunity for this role to expand to include grant writing.
– You have experience working with Salesforce / Patron Manager.
– You have experience working in development in the nonprofit sector.
– You have experience with and enjoy designing and executing events.
– You are a proven project manager, able to dilute large-scale projects into actionable steps with an easy to understand timeline.
– You are extremely detail oriented, and enjoy sifting through large amounts of data.
– You are positive and focused, with a self-starter attitude, excited by the opportunity to contribute to a small team.
– You have passion and a lived commitment to social justice causes.
– You are experienced with office tools from Microsoft and Google Suites, especially Excel and Sheets.
Terms of Employment:
– 20-30hrs/week at $20 per hour – with opportunity to expand to 40hrs a week with benefits over time, especially if the right candidate has grant writing experience.
– Reports to Development & Communications Director
Think this is the role and company for you?
Please email us to share why you would be a great fit for the company, mission and team! Please include your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Associate in the subject line by July 10th, 2020. We will respond to all applicants by July 22nd, 2020. Thanks for applying!