Development Coordinator / Employment
March 31, 2022
Organization Name: Pilchuck Glass School
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Part-time, temporary position
Pilchuck Glass School (PGS) is an international center for glass art education. Our serene campus in Stanwood, Washington is nestled in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the middle of 15,000 acres of a working tree farm. PGS is located an hour north of Seattle and maintains an administrative office in the city’s historic Pioneer Square.
From May through September every year, our summer and fall program offers a series of courses as well as residencies for established artists in all media. Summer sessions vary in length and offer concurrent courses in a variety of glass working processes for artists of all skill levels. Small classes taught by world-renowned artists and instructors emphasize experimentation and teamwork while fostering individual initiative and expression. PGS also offers residencies for both emerging and established artists during the fall and spring. Increasingly, PGS is introducing new programming to populations that have traditionally lacked access to this type of educational experience.
Additional information available at pilchuck.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reports to: Development Manager
The Development Coordinator will be an integral part of the organization’s Development Department, supporting the department’s team members located in Seattle, Washington. Occasionally, this position will attend staff meetings and will support events held at our campus located in Stanwood, Washington.
This position will focus on supporting the Development (fundraising) team through extended activities related to our 50th Anniversary and accompanying comprehensive campaign, with an emphasis on event support. This role will be responsible for supporting the Development Team with Pilchuck’s annual giving program, data entry, and development marketing, as well as providing general administrative support.
This is a part-time, temporary position. Compensation will range from $22-$27/hour (DOE). This position will accrue vacation and sick time.
• Act as primary support to the Development team.
• Assist Development Manager with the planning and executing of special events, including: the Annual Auction, annual recognition dinner (Pilchuck Celebrates), Spring Tours, and other 50th Anniversary donor cultivation and fundraising events as needed.
• Act as procurement lead for Annual Auction, including all artist communications and follow up.
• Help manage all event ticketing, registration, and receipt processing, and serve as primary contact for participant inquiries.
• Assist with managing volunteers, including recruiting, training, and actively communicating with 75+ volunteers throughout the year.
• Assist the Development Services & Data Manager with updating and maintaining constituent and gift records in Raiser’s Edge database and drafting acknowledgement letters in a timely manner.
• Collaborate with Development Manager and Marketing Team to support implementation of fundraising campaigns and event marketing/communication efforts.
• Attend all Development events and activities, which may include some night and weekend activity both in the Seattle office and Stanwood, WA campus.
• Additional special projects and administrative tasks as assigned
• A self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team.
• Detailed and organized individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of individuals.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, proactive customer service, attention to detail and accuracy, and meticulous organizational and time management skills.
• Discretion in managing confidential information.
• Familiarity using tools such as Excel, Mail Merge, CRM systems, and event software.
• Experience working with fundraising
• Knowledge of event scheduling, production, and execution
• Strong sense of donor-centered fundraising
• Skilled writer and copy editor
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Able to work weekends or extra hours to support events or meet deadlines
• Experience working in donor software, such as Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge is a plus
• Experience using event ticket software, such as GreaterGiving is preferred
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
• Knowledge of the glass community
• Must have close vision to read and write on paper, computers, and mobile devices
• The ability to walk and ascend and descend stairs and ramps in the office and on campus
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis starting March 7, 2022, with the last day to apply March 31, 2022. Email resume, cover letter addressing relevant experience, and contact information for three references to Lauren Mercurio at email@example.com. The email subject line should say “Development Coordinator, [Your Name].” All attached files must include a label with your last name.
Pilchuck Glass School is committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
Pilchuck Glass School is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and participants. Pilchuck encourages all interested persons to apply regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran, or disability status.