Development Director / Employment
January 31, 2020
Organization Name: Pratt Fine Arts Center
Organization Location: Pratt Fine Arts Center
Position Title: Director of Development
Department: Development Reports to: Executive Director Status: Full‐Time, Salaried, Exempt
Pratt Fine Arts Center is seeking a bright and energetic Director of Development to lead a comprehensive development effort in support of the organization’s dynamic mission. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director will work closely with the Board of Trustees, the Marketing Director, and the management team to steward, solicit, and secure contributed support from current and future funding sources. The Director of Development will support the long‐term health of the organization by building meaningful and productive relationships with these supporters.
The Director of Development, with board, staff, volunteer and contractor support, will spearhead the annual art auction and fundraising dinner, a large‐scale gala. The Director will also produce smaller scale special events as needed for the purposes of donor cultivation, appreciation, and/or direct fundraising.
This is a full‐time, year‐round position requiring occasional evening and weekend hours, as required.
Pratt is in search of candidates with proven success in development who are poised and prepared to lead a comprehensive development program. A successful candidate will be a self‐starter with a dynamic personality who is comfortable working both as a part of a team and working independently. This is a rare opportunity for a promising development professional to grow with an organization with a long history of fundraising success.
Pratt Fine Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. People of color are encouraged to apply.
The Director of Development’s primary responsibilities include:
• developing and implementing an annual development plan
• orchestrating and leading solicitation programs for the annual fund campaign
• leadership and production of the annual fundraising auction, including procurement and art handling
• creating and managing budgets
• major gift cultivation and solicitation
• oversight of foundation, government, and corporate grantwriting
• sponsorship solicitation for special initiatives
• development and promotion of a formalized planned giving program
• oversight of donor tracking and database management
• supervising two full‐time staff members (Grant & Sponsorship Manager, Access Fund & Procurement
• representing Pratt at community events and outreach activities
• capital fundraising, as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 5+ years of experience in development positions, preferably for arts organizations
• Excellent communication skills in writing and oral presentation
• Proven success in establishing and meeting development goals
• Understanding and experience with special event production
• Experience with personal solicitations in person and via phone/email
• Ability to work with diverse constituent groups including principal donors, trustees, artists, etc.
• Knowledge of donor database software systems
• Confidence in working with financial data and reports
• Demonstrated record of integrity
• Ability to lift and transport heavy works of art
• Master’s degree in related field
• Fundraising auction experience
• Passion for arts education and support of artists
• Experience in serving diverse populations
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
• Ability to manage stress and maintain sense of humor
$75‐90k annual salary range DOE + medical, dental, long‐term disability and paid vacation. Employee‐paid short‐term disability and retirement programs are provided, but are optional. Also includes generous in‐kind benefits in the form of class registrations and studio access.
Interested parties should email the following application materials to Steve Galatro, Executive Director, at email@example.com:
• a cover letter including a statement of commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
• current resume
• a list of three current references
No calls or drop‐ins, please.
January 29th, 2020, or until filled.
Pratt Fine Arts Center is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, membership or educational programs and activities. Furthermore, Pratt Fine Arts Center is committed to retaining to a racially diverse team. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Development DirectorDirectorJobsJobs In The ArtsPratt