Director of Marketing / Employment
January 8, 2021
Organization Name: Pilchuck Glass School
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Director of Marketing
Full time, year-round exempt status
Deadline to Apply: Friday, January 8, 2021
Pilchuck Glass School (PGS) is an international center for glass art education. Our serene campus in Stanwood, Washington, is nestled in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains on a former tree farm. PGS has a gallery and administrative office in Seattle, Washington, located in historic Pioneer Square.
From May through September every year, our summer and fall program offers a series of courses as well as residencies for established artists in all media. Summer sessions vary in length and offer concurrent courses in a variety of glass working processes for artists of all skill levels. Small classes taught by world-renowned artists and instructors emphasize experimentation and teamwork while fostering individual initiative and expression. PGS also offers residencies for both emerging and established artists during the fall and spring. Increasingly, PGS is introducing new programming to populations who have traditionally lacked access to this type of educational experience.
Additional information available at pilchuck.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reports to: Executive Director
The Director of Marketing will serve as an integral part of the organization, working cross-departmentally to help support the brand, marketing, and communications functions for Pilchuck Glass School. This includes implementing campaigns in support of student and donor brand, marketing and communications programs, partnerships, gallery promotion and special events, overseeing the daily communications, graphic design, social media, public relations and marketing activities for Pilchuck.
This position will manage the Pilchuck Glass School design, as well as website and other relevant contractors and vendors. Periodic presence on our Stanwood campus during Summer and Fall sessions is required. The Director of Marketing works closely with all Directors, and with Pilchuck’s external partners and coalitions. Salary range is $70,000 – $80,000 (DOE) with standard benefits package, retirement eligibility after six months, vacation, sick leave, and public transportation subsidy.
• Collaborates with the Executive Director, Marketing Committee, and outside strategic advisors, to plan and execute marketing and communications programs to create awareness and achieve annual funding and program attendance goals.
• Demonstrates passion for Pilchuck’s mission through communication, vision, teamwork, and commitment.
• Develops high-level project plans and timelines including maintaining the School’s Marketing Calendar.
• Collaborates and coordinates across the organization to ensure communications are cohesive, meets Pilchuck’s standards and conveys a consistent story to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Develops creative briefs and ensures alignment of marketing strategies and efforts to all affected stakeholders.
• Using analytics, evaluates campaign effectiveness and enhances future programs.
• Maintains the Pilchuck website by managing content and enhancing features to allow optimal user experience.
• Drives strategy behind virtual programming, retail promotion
• Manages production of all print and electronic collateral for branding, program, and development.
• Ensures all marketing efforts are consistent with established brand guidelines.
• Writes engaging messages, storylines, and content for a variety of communications, media, and channels, including online content, email, social media, web, and collateral to grow awareness and drive growth for Pilchuck.
• Manages oversight of digital asset management program (DAM), including future maintenance of DAM program.
• Executes day-to-day tasks of the integrated marketing and communication plans in support of Pilchuck’s goals.
• Manages relationships with outside vendors and consultants in support of the marketing and communications strategy.
• Drives Pilchuck’s social media engagement through the development of social media strategies and management of the social media channels.
• Develops and implements the annual marketing budget and manages expenses within the budget.
• Provide appropriate assistance on the annual auction, as directed by the Director of Development.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team.
• Detailed and organized individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of individuals.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, proactive customer service, attention to detail and accuracy, and meticulous organizational and time management skills.
• Discretion in managing confidential information.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, arts management, or related field required.
• Minimum of 4 to 6 years’ experience in marketing and/or communications, preferably in a non-profit setting.
• Knowledge of digital communications and design, and experience creative both print and digital collateral.
• Extensive experience using MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (including video and audio editing modules) required.
• Experience with content management, marketing automation, and email marketing systems required.
• Knowledge of and experience using social media channels for the benefit of an organization.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Able to work weekends or extra hours to support events or meet deadlines.
• Experience working in donor software such as Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge is a plus.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
• The ability to walk, ascend and descend stairs and ramps in the office and on campus.
Interviews will be rolling with a deadline to apply of Friday, January 8, 2021. Email resume, cover letter addressing relevant experience, and contact information for three references to Donna Davies, Deputy Director, at email@example.com. The email subject line should say “Director of Marketing, [Your Name].” All attached files must be labeled that also include your last name.
Pilchuck Glass School is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and participants. Pilchuck encourages all interested persons to apply regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
EmploymentMarketingMarketing DirectorPilchuck Glass School