Donor Services and Database Specialist / Employment
May 25, 2022
Organization Name: Henry Art Gallery
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
In collaboration with the development team, the Donor Services and Database Specialist oversees all aspects of gift/pledge processing; database management, including regular maintenance and reporting; and the appropriate recognition of each donor, through timely acknowledgements as well as the coordination of our annual donor and membership listings. In addition, this person provides administrative support to membership activities and events, ensuring high quality interactions with donors.
STATUS: Regular full-time, FLSA non-exempt, benefitted
STARTING RATE: $23 per hour
SCHEDULE: Tuesday-Friday, 36 hours per week; Occasional evening and weekends may be required to assist at member and donor events and programs
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
40% Gift and acknowledgment processing
• Processes all gifts, deposits checks, runs credit cards, monitors matching gift accounts.
• Manages gift acknowledgement process from letter merge to final review and mailing, in collaboration with the development team.
• Links gifts to constituent records, updates membership status, and digitizes files.
• Processes event registrations and donations for the annual fundraising event, Henry Gala.
• Works with partner companies and donors to ensure timely fulfillment and verification of matching gift requests.
35% Database management
• Coordinates and performs regular database maintenance and donor record updates, maintaining strict confidentiality of all donor information.
• Maintains centralized development filing system, digitizing files and training student workers in consistent implementation of electronic filing system.
• Creates queries for donor mailings, membership analysis, and fundraising research.
• Manages uploads and downloads of data across multiple platforms.
• Performs global actions in the fundraising database for group lists compiled in other software.
10% Reporting and reconciliation
• Notifies the development team of major gifts and grants received.
• Updates shared documentation for gifts and pledges to be processed and acknowledged, including grant, major gift and board pledges.
• Works with Director of Finance and Administration to ensure that database entries tie to the Henry’s financial systems.
10% Donor services
• Facilitates the annual donor wall and printed donor listings under the supervision of the Director of Development.
• Supports Membership and Special Events Manager to maintain RSVP lists for special events.
• Serve as the point of contact for donors to request or update information.
5% Other duties:
• Supports the Communications department in maintaining updated constituent lists for all e-communications.
• Other duties as assigned from time to time.
• 2+ years of experience in database management or coordination; or a combination of experience and education.
• Careful attention to detail.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including processing data for mail merges.
• Collaborative work style and strong interpersonal skills to support work with colleagues, donors, and volunteers.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and responsibility.
• Excellent time management, problem solving, and organizational skills.
• Experience with non-profit fundraising.
• Experience with fundraising, events and communications software, especially: Raiser’s Edge, Eventbrite, Mail Chimp, and Greater Giving.
Diverse perspectives make us stronger. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color are encouraged to apply.
APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume in one document (pdf preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Application review begins on May 25, 2022. This position is open until filled.
Please see website for full job description.