Event and Public Engagement Coordinator / Employment
April 29, 2022
Organization Name: Oxbow Farm and Conservation Center
Organization Location: Carnation, WA
Oxbow is looking for an Event & Public Engagement Coordinator with a positive, can-do attitude, who enjoys public-facing work, and who shares our passion for food, farming, and the environment. This person will support the Events & Public Engagement team in executing new and creative programming that will connect Oxbow to the broader community throughout the year. They will provide impeccable customer care and thrive in a fast-paced working environment. The position requires working predominantly weekends and some evenings.
System & Registration Management
– Set-up and oversee process and tools for event registration and ticket sales
– Produce guest and staff post-event surveys
– Maintain a master events calendar including confirmed event dates with details and pending events
– Assist in the coordination of public-facing Oxbow events, including but not limited to: pre-event planning, load-in & load-out logistics, and event execution
– Support in identifying event materials, including on-site signage, printed collateral, supplies, and décor needs
– Coordinate placement and installation of event materials, and ensure post-event cleaning and return of items
– Supervise on-site production, break-down, and clean-up for some events
– Direct the work of seasonal event staff on-site during events
– Coordinate printing and delivery of on-site signage and collateral with 3rd party printer
– Support in organizing and managing event inventory
– Establish and source vendors and materials in alignment with Oxbow’s sustainability standards
– Coordinate and serve as the liaison between Oxbow and external vendors (rental companies, caterers, musicians, other suppliers) on event-related matters
– Support in building and maintaining event tasks and timelines, production schedule and event checklists
– Support on-site during events in various areas, including check-in, membership & info booth, outdoor kitchen, and various other customer-facing activities
– Passion for executing creative and meaningful experiences for guests
– Proficient with EventBrite and/or other ticketing or CRM platforms
– Experience in/knowledge of the food industry, experience working in hospitality and with chefs or caterers is a plus
– 1-year experience in venue/event planning and coordination
– Adept at managing multiple projects at once using collaborative project management tools
– Ability to think proactively and thrive in a fast-paced environment
– Strong attention to detail skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Proofreading experience is a plus
– Comfortable using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) on a daily basis
– Ability to work independently and within a team
– Flexible, creative, and able to perform well in diverse conditions and under pressure
– Reliable, hardworking, and enthusiastic
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Oxbow is committed to cultivating a culture of diversity and inclusion. We value the individual differences, life experiences, and knowledge that our staff bring to their work and their communities. Valuing diversity is a significant part of our culture, our values, and the success of Oxbow’s mission.
Oxbow provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Oxbow is committed to fostering a racially diverse team. People of color are encouraged to apply.
This is a regular, full-time position, with a competitive compensation package, including 100% employer paid healthcare, annual dental stipend, generous holiday, vacation, and sick leave. Salary range is $20.00 – $21.00 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Apply by Friday, April 15th for first consideration. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after this date until position is filled.