Fully-Funded Residencies Available for Artists, Curators, & Art Writers / Residencies
November 22, 2019
Organization Name: SEA Foundation
Organization Location: Tilburg, NETH
SEA Foundation – AiR Tilburg invites applicants for its 2020/2021 residency program. The residencies are designed for visual artists, curators and writers whose work and life demands both a rigorous engagement as well as an urgency to propel progress in their practice. The SEA Foundation’s individual shaped residency program is limited to 8 participants per year. Duration up to 3 months.
We believe that contemporary art practise requires both flexibility as well as stability, a self-directed approach, and a guided environment. We seek candidates who envision a solid plan for development and production and who are willing to participate with the rhythm, which propels our artist-led organisation.
Visual art, fiber art, drawing & painting, sculpture, media art, design, curating, art critique, art theory, artistic research, architecture, sound artists, performance artists.
● Professional artists, curators and art writers
● Regardless of gender or region
● Established, mid-career or emerging practice
● Minimum age: 25 at the start of the residency
● Duo’s/collectives may apply as well
● Residents may be accompanied by a partner
● We expect you to master the English language sufficiently to be able to converse and collaborate with fellow participants and staff.
The residency aims
● To support the production of art and the theory of art.
● To evoke discourse on art and art practices within a local and global context.
● To promote and relay critical and researched based production of art.
● To facilitate exchange between art intermediaries and artists, creating an expert network.
Fully funded residency awards
Two applicants of the Open Call will receive the award of a fully-funded residency. This award includes free use of the live/work studio and a stipend of € 550 euro per month when in residence. In addition, SEA foundation covers the costs of a public event, exhibition or the production of an artist’s book.
How to apply
● Applying is done digitally and in English via the online application form.
● The application should contain the completed application and documentation.
● For duos/collectives: only one of you needs to fill out the form.
● More information for artists.
● More information for curators and art writers.
● Completed application form.
● Samples work from the past 5 years.
● All mages in the portfolio should have captions providing information on size. materials and year of production.
● Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages).
● Include a selfie at work.
● Proof of payment of the €35,- application fee.
● Use www.WeTransfer.com and address to email@example.com.
● Send in One .pdf
● Max 25 pages and max. 15mb.
● For collating PDF’s use www.smallpdf.com.
● Applications are viewed on a horizontal screen.
● Maximum of 2 images per page are advised.
● Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the admission’s board.